case cvx's

Would be interested in a case vestrum, seems a nice size of loader tractor, not seen in the flesh, but fpt engine would be good sure enough?

What happens if you need more hydraulic flow via pressing accelerator,

Can you control forward speed via the brake
Generally speaking cvt tractors are higher spec so they will have variable displacement pumps giving the more or less the same output at any revs so no real need to Rev the tractor as much as an older tractor with a fixed gear pump

I always felt there was no bullshit with lads with cvx's, they would tell you this broke or this failed or whatever.
There's a friend of mine with John deeres and he's done the engine, gearbox, inner pto, hydraulic pump, and put an exhaust on a 10 series in the last number of years. It only has 12k hours and he still tells me it's better than a cvx because when the Vario goes it's going to cost 10 grand to fix it.
That's what your up against people that don't know.
Not taring everyone with the same brush but you never hear fendt guys talk about problems.
And there has to be problems!!!

I always felt there was no bullshit with lads with cvx's, they would tell you this broke or this failed or whatever.
There's a friend of mine with John deeres and he's done the engine, gearbox, inner pto, hydraulic pump, and put an exhaust on a 10 series in the last number of years. It only has 12k hours and he still tells me it's better than a cvx because when the Vario goes it's going to cost 10 grand to fix it.
Not taring everyone with the same brush but you never hear fendt guys talk about problems.
Excuse me I put a picture of the invoice up.

You better tell him its £14k, that's what it cost the guy who owned my CVX when is JD stopped driving!! Someone must be making some money out of the job at that figure.

I’ve always told it how it is,my 720 had injector sleeves,a hydraulic pump ,numerous spools the turbo fell off,the manifold fell off,ad-blue pump failed at 5 hrs and it wasn’t particularly economical,I’m not brainwashed regards colour or a certain model,you’re akin to James d Valtra at times with your love of all things cvx.😂

I’ve always told it how it is,my 720 had injector sleeves,a hydraulic pump ,numerous spools the turbo fell off,the manifold fell off,ad-blue pump failed at 5 hrs and it wasn’t particularly economical,I’m not brainwashed regards colour or a certain model,you’re akin to James d Valtra at times with your love of all things cvx.😂
I wouldn't say I'm brainwashed either I'd be open to try any make.
I find they do what I want them to do and cost very little.

An 20 year old tractor could of done 10k hours plus, maybe more. It would be a nasty shock to me though.

What's the life expectancy of a case CVT, do they go at 8k hours or could we expect 10 or 12?

And is a small CVT cheeper than a larger one?

Thanks, just doing my homework before I put my head in a noose.

An 20 year old tractor could of done 10k hours plus, maybe more. It would be a nasty shock to me though.

What's the life expectancy of a case CVT, do they go at 8k hours or could we expect 10 or 12?

And is a small CVT cheeper than a larger one?

Thanks, just doing my homework before I put my head in a noose.
What gearbox is in the vestrum? Is it there own or a Zf.
Theres no set hours like anything it might do 5k hours if it's abused and it might never give trouble

Yes think ZF.
Does a lot of road work give them trouble, bearing in mind overloading can kill anything.
Bound to be CNH's own isn't it? You can't overload them as such as the electronics won't allow it, not like a conventional box where you could start off three gears too high.

Yes think ZF.
Does a lot of road work give them trouble, bearing in mind overloading can kill anything.
The Vestrum is really too new to know what it’s longevity is going to be or any inherent problems.
The double clutch Active8 in the Maxxum has a lot of CVX functionality like brake to clutch etc but is still relatively new.
The LWB Puma CVX transmission is very similar to the original CVX but it does share transmission/hydraulic oil to increase the amount of take out and the clutches are different.
The SWB Puma is a scaled down version with only two forward, one reverse range. It does sap power and has limited reverse speed.

Bound to be CNH's own isn't it? You can't overload them as such as the electronics won't allow it, not like a conventional box where you could start off three gears too high.
It is their own

Wow. That's honesty. Not many people would show an invoice, obviously because not many truthful people out there. sadly.
Thanks. Well done.
What hours was on it when it packed up?

Wow. That's honesty. Not many people would show an invoice, obviously because not many truthful people out there. sadly.
Thanks. Well done.
What hours was on it when it packed up?
Just over 10k . I bought it with a new Vario factored into the price. The previous owner would be one of the most careful owners and lives about a mile from me.

Just over 10k . I bought it with a new Vario factored into the price. The previous owner would be one of the most careful owners and lives about a mile from me.
She. You look at the price of new stuff I don’t think it’s too bad. And a new transmission for another 10000 hours.

Back