case cvx's

Yeah I was there after the bad floods in the UK years back, dozens of cars full of mud and square balers that looked ok on the outside but completely mangled on the inside etc
A local dealer had a shed flood in 2015 the balers were 4’ under water when they were sold via Hewitt’s there wasn’t a mention of flood damage.

The hand throttle,all the spools and the pto have stopped working on our 2006 TVT190
These are the current error codes
FMGR 252 and 253
EEM 121,052,015,056 and 017
ARU 020
AUX1 011
AUX2 011
AUX3 011
AUX4 011
ADIC 250
EDC 032,031,022 and 021
Does anybody know what might be wrong Or can tell me what all the error codes are thanks

Last edited:
The hand throttle,all the spools and the pto have stopped working on our 2006 TVT190
FMGR 252 and 253
ARU 020
AUX1 011
AUX2 011
AUX3 011
AUX4 011
ADIC 250
EDC 032,031,022 and 021
Does anybody know what might be wrong Or can tell me what all the error codes are thanks
I think most of those are can bus failure. We’ve had them lately and the whole thing is being caused by a dead spool valve. We’ve 2 disconnected atm and it’s stopped the problem for now. Before that the tractor was intermittently loosing all the arm rest controls etc and reving up and down of its own accord

FMGR 252 and 253
ARU 020
AUX1 011
AUX2 011
AUX3 011
AUX4 011
ADIC 250
EDC 032,031,022 and 021
The pcb under the steering wheel has more than likely either got a burnt plug or one of the tracks has burnt

I think most of those are can bus failure. We’ve had them lately and the whole thing is being caused by a dead spool valve. We’ve 2 disconnected atm and it’s stopped the problem for now. Before that the tractor was intermittently loosing all the arm rest controls etc and reving up and down of its own accord
I will try disconnecting some of the spools plugs as one of them doesn’t work

The track on the plug side is corroded (doesn't look burnt). You could solder the black wire direct to the hole marked. Better with a short wire with a connector to the black.
C1EB6C49-E2D4-4B42-A350-968E670B765F.jpeg

@johndeere6920s Had a look at the PCB and it’s burnt the connections on the black wire pictured
View attachment 111012View attachment 111013
Do i just solder a wire across to bridge the connection and would you know what’s caused it
Your connector is probably burnt too so.
Just bridge it and your good to go again. Nothing happened to cause it. It just happens in random places on that board when they get old.
Bad earths and connections do cause it alright but in general it is just age related

I have put a wire across to bridge the connection but the pto and spools still don’t work and I now have the left hand indicator and rear tail light on even with the ignition off10ECF8F4-A467-47D1-8658-3B2F0F1CD9CA.jpeg have I done this wrong,should I take the wire back off

I have put a wire across to bridge the connection but the pto and spools still don’t work and I now have the left hand indicator and rear tail light on even with the ignition offView attachment 111204 have I done this wrong,should I take the wire back off
Your wire looks good to me. Could be some other unseen damage to the tracks under the multiplug.

It was designed by Steyr, but as part of the anti cartel rules, certain parts of the Case/Steyr and the Ford/Fiat/NH businesses had to be sold off, same reason that NH had to sell the Buhler tractor plant (that made the 70 series) to Versatile.

The S-Matic box has been made in southwest Germany for the last 20 years at ZF’s factory, to be fair though, its only A couple of clicks over the border from Austria and its local big town would be Linz, which is in austria and that in itself is only 40 mins from St. Val/Steyr - a lot of the factory staff live in Linz, and a lot fly into it as it has a decent airport, but the ‘box isn’t anything to do with Steyr anymore.
Was in under one last week and I see the I'd plate Zf passau obviously you know where that is.
Friend of mine bought a muir hill in linz, drove it around the chain link fencing around the airport.
Your man's workshop door was looking at the end of the runway.
He had what looked like a big shed at the side of the house but when we were invited in it was a huge private bar with pool table and hunting trophys.
The wealth in Austria is unbelievable all living in these huge courtyard houses.

That is one beautiful part of the world.
Steyr itself is nice down by the river you'd know it was an industrial town tho.
Id love to give a look around that Zf /man factory that was once the steyr plant the place is some size and I'm assuming the likes of skf just fed off of that.
The case plant is now just an assembly line?
Didn't go in there but had a good look around outside as it was a sat evening.
Also from the other side you can pretty much step onto the magna test track if your brave enough.

The cvx classic will always be the icon for me, I cannot warm to pumas and I have tried to numerous times.
There's just something about the real ones that hits the spot there's a quality feel to them.
I've got to know a little bit about them as time goes on, funny the first one we bought I was really hesitant about it as they had a really bad rep around here but probably unjustified in most cases.
I remember having it delivered and putting it straight to work, I came home with it and my father said well what do you think of it and I said I think we better go looking for another one.
We had a puma 175 this year for a month full full spec and honestly if I was going out to buy I'd spend the money on a classic with 1500 hours on it

Last edited:
Back