case cvx's

Allways seems to be well priced cvxs available.Are they value for someone looking for a cvt transmission tractor.Vario or Autopower always seem to hold there premium down along the line

They both have good and bad points is probably how it is, having not owned or even driven a Fendt i can't really draw comparison. Front axle better, as in better ride do you mean? I must admit you do hear about quite a few engine problems compared to other makes, the transmission from a reliability point of view is probably fine if used and maintained correctly, although if it does give up it will hurt. Having manual high/low does seem a flaw that is open to abuse though and no doubt would be a huge contribution to failures!
I mean a better ride yes it is a brillant when it's working right.
The cvx has a better engine than the Fendt that’s about it.
What makes you think that?

I mean a better ride yes it is a brillant when it's working right.

What makes you think that?
There’s a 230 page thread on the internet mainly telling you how to mend them,it certainly put me off buying one.
Is a Fendt worth the extra new? Say if you were comparing a puma 240 against a 724, presuming there's a fair premium for the Fendt.
I’d say no,the Fendt is screwed together better,but only slightly,the 240 will leave the 724 for dead on pto and pulling work.
If my dealer hadn’t have royaly p1ssed me off when I was pricing another cvx I’d have had one in the yard now.

There’s a 230 page thread on the internet mainly telling you how to mend them,it certainly put me off buying one.

I’d say no,the Fendt is screwed together better,but only slightly,the 240 will leave the 724 for dead on pto and pulling work.
If my dealer hadn’t have royaly p1ssed me off when I was pricing another cvx I’d have had one in the yard now.
Since we got the first one we have put roughly 7000 hours on them.
If I spent 5 grand on them altogether then it would be the most.
There's one that we have put 4k hours on and I have no parts bought for It.
@Win what has the 170 cost

Since we got the first one we have put roughly 7000 hours on them.
If I spent 5 grand on them altogether then it would be the most.
There's one that we have put 4k hours on and I have no parts bought for It.
@Win what has the 170 cost
About £3500 over 8k hours, had the last owner spent £5 on a spring for the fuel pump it would probably not needed a second stepper motor before 5k hrs. I admit i was pretty fed up with the thing for the first twelve months, not knowing what was really wrong and it playing up was pretty annoying. Some will look at that figure and think its horrendous others will think it ok, Virtually all of it would have been spent in the first twelve months, so can't complain since, after all its now twenty years old.

About £3500 over 8k hours, had the last owner spent £5 on a spring for the fuel pump it would probably not needed a second stepper motor before 5k hrs. I admit i was pretty fed up with the thing for the first twelve months, not knowing what was really wrong and it playing up was pretty annoying. Some will look at that figure and think its horrendous others will think it ok, Virtually all of it would have been spent in the first twelve months, so can't complain since, after all its now twenty years old.
At least your honest about it👍 Messing with them has given you and others a great knowledge about them,personally I’d prefer reliability only a few posts back @johndeere6920s was saying the front suspension was great when it’s working,20k plus hours of ownership of various tractors I’ve never once had bother with front suspension.

At least your honest about it👍 Messing with them has given you and others a great knowledge about them,personally I’d prefer reliability only a few posts back @johndeere6920s was saying the front suspension was great when it’s working,20k plus hours of ownership of various tractors I’ve never once had bother with front suspension.
You won't have bother with the carraro either if you own a grease gun

This thread it some ways puts them in a bad light, people have the opinion they are stopped more than they are going, its not like that at all. The 170 here has only had a engine speed sensor this year, it didn't stop but i had a few warnings it was starting to fail. For a 20 year old tractor doing 1000+ hrs/yr i'd hardly call it unreliable!

Only had the pleasure of a Cvx 1195 for a little over a year but it had 9k hrs when I bought it , I put 1200hrs on it and no trouble. Now I did spend 600 on the front axle when I got it but that’s all it got. It got a full dealer service when I bought it and also came with a full set of filters In the cab for the next service. It really was an excellent tractor and I only sold it as I found the cab a little small for me and it wasn’t a John deere!!!! Was savage to pull and put its power to the ground. If I was able to get on similar again at the same money again I wouldn’t be afraid of one but they really have gone up a lot in value .

Only had the pleasure of a Cvx 1195 for a little over a year but it had 9k hrs when I bought it , I put 1200hrs on it and no trouble. Now I did spend 600 on the front axle when I got it but that’s all it got. It got a full dealer service when I bought it and also came with a full set of filters In the cab for the next service. It really was an excellent tractor and I only sold it as I found the cab a little small for me and it wasn’t a John deere!!!! Was savage to pull and put its power to the ground. If I was able to get on similar again at the same money again I wouldn’t be afraid of one but they really have gone up a lot in value .
It is or was for sale again

For me this thread puts these tractors in a good light proper user experience,its only after a few years that the good surfaces to the top and sadly this is starting to reflect in the price perhaps for some the secret is out.Good tractors bought by canny users no rose tinted glasses about the good old days.Too late in the day for me I fancy

I bought one 10yrs ago on the strength of the advice on this thread. I’ve two now and hoping to fall across another but they’re crazy money now.
Front axle is chocolate and the injector pump seems delicate…otherwise bulletproof. Error codes are an annoyance but you get used to ignoring them!!

For me this thread puts these tractors in a good light proper user experience,its only after a few years that the good surfaces to the top and sadly this is starting to reflect in the price perhaps for some the secret is out.Good tractors bought by canny users no rose tinted glasses about the good old days.Too late in the day for me I fancy
That would be the same with other things, people suddenly realise that perhaps they're not that bad then become more sought after and the price goes up! Thing is you could buy a twenty year old one with the same spec as something new today and it will do the same job, things haven't moved on much in the last twenty years compared to say from 1985 to 2005. If you went from a TW to a TVT it would be a fair jump but from a TVT to a T7 210 not so much, if that makes sense!!

How much power is soaked up with this transmission compared to an ordinary power shuttle?

Can forward speed be set for jobs like mowing and baling without the need of your foot on the pedal?

Never used a CVT or cvx myself but would the advantages outweigh the disadvantages on a loader? 110/130 hp range.
Ideal loader tractor as headcase says you’d have the full range of speed from inching to flat out so for example can gently pick up a bale then boot down across the field to the trailer and ease off again to sit it on the trailer without having to shift up and down gears
How much power is soaked up with this transmission compared to an ordinary power shuttle?

Can forward speed be set for jobs like mowing and baling without the need of your foot on the pedal?
Yes can be set with the cruise control but the beauty is then if you get into a narrow bit of short ground or a light spot you can put the foot down slightly to get on through it

I would have been very tempted by a 90-100hp CVT tractor if it was in budget. As previous posters have mentioned they are ideal as a loader tractor.

I would have been very tempted by a 90-100hp CVT tractor if it was in budget. As previous posters have mentioned they are ideal as a loader tractor.
What happens if you need more hydraulic flow via pressing accelerator,

Can you control forward speed via the brake

Any major financial issues expected with a CVT transmission more than a traditional power shift or would they be better , subject to correct maintenance?

Back