Case farmall 105u

The New Holland 35/TLA/T5000, Case IH JXU would be its predecessor.

Much better tractor than the Farmall C which is a lighter machine

Is the Farmall C like the older NH TD95 /JX95 ? Turkish built . Best avoided.

Any of the tractors that Mervyn mentioned would be good stockman tractors , but not the cheapest for the reason that they would be very well thought of .

Last edited:
Is the Farmall C like the older Td95 ? Turkish built . Best avoided.

Any of the tractors that Mervyn mentioned would be good stockman tractors , but not the cheapest for the reason that they would be very well thought of .
I think the C is made in Turkey still. Not sure if the U is from Italy or Austria

I bought a Farmall 105 C . It is a151 reg. 1600 hours. Just got it six months ago, now 2000 hours on the clock. I think it replaces the JXU . The garage had a Farmall 115 U but I don't think I need a tractor that big and all the extra things on it. All depends on what kind of work he is going to do with it.

As Brian says above I thought the C was more like a JXU replacement whereas the U was more akin to the replacement for the smaller T6's/TS range.

Farmall A - NH TD5
Farmall C - NH T4.
Farmall U - T5. (DP)
Farmall U pro - T5. (EC)

be wary with the Farmall C, they sell 2 variants, one has a lighter front axle not really suitable for loader work.

Farmall A - NH TD5
Farmall C - NH T4.
Farmall U - T5. (DP)
Farmall U pro - T5. (EC)

be wary with the Farmall C, they sell 2 variants, one has a lighter front axle not really suitable for loader work.
Was the U pro made in Austria or Italy

Farmall A - NH TD5
Farmall C - NH T4.
Farmall U - T5. (DP)
Farmall U pro - T5. (EC)

I think the Farmall C has a normal front axle but you have the option of a heavier one. I also think the same option is available in other Case and New Holland tractors.

T5/Farmall U is heavier than a T5000/JXU, more like a T6010 etc
There are two ranges of T4/Farmall C, there was a range of T4 that went up to a T4.115, which was the equivalent of a T5070, a lighter backend than a T5.115. This range of T4 is now known as the T5 utility range.
The other T4 range goes to 75hp and is a smaller, lighter tractor, still Italian built to best of my knowledge.
The TD5 and Farmall A range are the hideous Turkish built models.
The Farmall U Pro/Luxxum doesn't have a new holland equivalent, they are a follow on of the steyr design (zf back end), like wise there isnt a case version of the T5 Electro Command

T5/Farmall U is heavier than a T5000/JXU, more like a T6010 etc
There are two ranges of T4/Farmall C, there was a range of T4 that went up to a T4.115, which was the equivalent of a T5070, a lighter backend than a T5.115. This range of T4 is now known as the T5 utility range.
The other T4 range goes to 75hp and is a smaller, lighter tractor, still Italian built to best of my knowledge.
The TD5 and Farmall A range are the hideous Turkish built models.
The Farmall U Pro/Luxxum doesn't have a new holland equivalent, they are a follow on of the steyr design (zf back end), like wise there isnt a case version of the T5 Electro Command
Thanks for that, do you know anything about loaders ? My old tractor had a Quicke Q30 loader and the new one has a MX U305 loader. it doesn’t tip in as far as the Quicke so if you have a silage bale on the loader it is pointing up at about 50 degrees, the Quicke could get the bale back to 70 degrees that makes a big difference on a small tractor as it puts the weight closer to the tractor.

Thanks for that, do you know anything about loaders ? My old tractor had a Quicke Q30 loader and the new one has a MX U305 loader. it doesn’t tip in as far as the Quicke so if you have a silage bale on the loader it is pointing up at about 50 degrees, the Quicke could get the bale back to 70 degrees that makes a big difference on a small tractor as it puts the weight closer to the tractor.
Wouldn't be too up on loaders, the Q30 would be non self levelling, is your U305 self levelling?

Back