cat dont like water

d4c24a

some new cats at sea , i think the crossing got a bit rough :whistling:

109_0923.jpg

109_0905.jpg

109_0920.jpg

cheers graham

Last edited:
if it was rough enough to move excavators and smash them like that, would a chain have held them? They might have been chained but broke loose.

dont know ,but I thought they had to have a non skid mat under the tracks
and enough chains to hold it although I do remember one crossing to the west when some of the lorries lost their loads :scared:,that was a bit scary and not many opting for the cooked breakfast that day :no:

if it was rough enough to move excavators and smash them like that, would a chain have held them? They might have been chained but broke loose.

yes,have you ever heard the term a loose cannon?it comes from the days of sailing ships fitted with cannons they all had to be tied down with ropes.any slack in the ropes was slowly multiplied till the cannon came loose causing devastation.it doesn't need a massive chain to hold a digger in place just enough to check the beginnings of movement.

chains

if you look closely in some of the pictures you can see chains hanging from the track frames

That's nothing was in a plant hire's yard the other day they had a machine that had hit a low bridge while on the back of lowloader it was a right mess. The driver of said wagon kept going. :confused1:

back in the late 60`s a ship load of new holland combines going from antwerp to South Africa did exactly the same thing just scrap when theyu got there

Back