Cattle dosing

Do they have to get it pre turnout? Haven't heard of vaccine use for years
They are supposed to, yes. It's an irradiated dose of lungworm to challenge the immune system of the animal. The animal can't be exposed and needing worming within 2 weeks post booster vaccine. This information needs to be revisited. If you dose early born calves they're shouldn't be a problem with turning them out as normal. đź‘Ť

i rarely ever dose anything passed its second season until circa end of November when I do them for both fluke and worm but my cows ( all dry and fattening ) and near thirty month old heifers are coughing quite a bit , Il do them in the next couple of days and they are in very good condition but all were done after being in the shed a month last year but are spluttering quite a bit

The 14 to 20 month old bullocks here are coughing a good bit for the last week or so, I never drench cattle here after if I can avoid it.
Do I need to drench these bunch, and if so with what?

The 14 to 20 month old bullocks here are coughing a good bit for the last week or so, I never drench cattle here after if I can avoid it.
I have a lot of coughing this year in early 20's born cattle and some of the getting on for 30 month lads, factory post mortems showing lung damage from possible pneumonia, all dosed for lungworm etc. seems to be a bit of a problem this year for whatever reason.

I dosed my Lm heifers of a similar age today , using Levafas Diamond drench , and
The Hook Doser . 1 obstreperous heifer , others fine .

I was dosed the bullocks with same dose , a month ago , and well pleased with how they look after it .

Unless its getting out of hand i wouldn't be in a hurry. Any mectin i guess if you suspect lungworm. Have also seen a shot of alamycin give great results but this is all without a diagnosis so caution advised obviously

Howye.
Is there a pour on for cattle that doesn’t require it to be poured all along the backbone? I don’t want to be moving them all again to the crush. If there was a dose that I could just shoot onto one spot on them that would be handy

Back