Chainsaw thread who got what?

I think 45 to 1 is the perfect all rounder, a generous top line on the sqeeze bottle, I only use jaso fd rated oils, never fb.

Did something stupid this morning, bought 5 litres of diesel and made two stroke!

Didn't want to go back to town but also wanted to cut a bag of dry timber to bring home.

Took 10 minutes and a battery and a quarter but the toy saw motored on through. A lot of it was beech drying two or three years, rock hard stuff

Attachments

• PXL_20240224_132218847.jpg
    PXL_20240224_132218847.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 62
  • PXL_20240224_132714954.jpg
    PXL_20240224_132714954.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 62
  • PXL_20240224_133230435.jpg
    PXL_20240224_133230435.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 62
If this is as good as it says it is it should be a dinger to go.

up to 25m/s chain speed. my ego saw only does 13.5m/s and is a useful tool. 25m/s is petrol saw fast

I have it, light and not noisy, does what I need and impressed any of the older crew who were used to petrol saws that it could keep up.

Not a substitute for a petrol saw if doing a lot of work. Ideal for doing an hour or so sawing up firewood if you've a few batteries on the go.

It will chew through batteries. You'd want at least 4 sets (8) of 4ah batteries charged and two duel charges on the go to keep it going for more than 1 round of batteries. Perhaps if you'd a few 8ah batteries it would be less hassel but there hard found in Ireland up to now.

It's one of those things imo it's worth it for a smaller saw if youve a few sets the batteries already but probably not otherwise.

If this is as good as it says it is it should be a dinger to go.

up to 25m/s chain speed. my ego saw only does 13.5m/s and is a useful tool. 25m/s is petrol saw fast

I have it, light and not noisy, does what I need and impressed any of the older crew who were used to petrol saws that it could keep up.

Not a substitute for a petrol saw if doing a lot of work. Ideal for doing an hour or so sawing up firewood if you've a few batteries on the go.

It will chew through batteries. You'd want at least 4 sets (8) of 4ah batteries charged and two duel charges on the go to keep it going for more than 1 round of batteries. Perhaps if you'd a few 8ah batteries it would be less hassel but there hard found in Ireland up to now.

It's one of those things imo it's worth it for a smaller saw if youve a few sets the batteries already but probably not otherwise.
That's a lot of batteries alright, although they are cheap.

we have three batteries for our ego and unless you were abusing it (like I did up the page) the three are able to keep up fine all day if you started with all three charged. But they're €150 batteries in a much slower saw so they'd bloody want to be keeping up.

That's me running full throttle in high speed setting.
There is a slower mode so perhaps with more patience and running on the eco speed I'd get a lot more time out of it but most jobs it does are max 1 hours work so never been a need.

I'm happy out with it. It's a good saw imo. But there's cons like everything.

That battery saw Is.a dinger,the 2 batteries gives good power.
I think a battery saw is not for cutting firewood on a continuous basis,it's for cutting back timber and tidying up quietly .
I have a small.dewalt 18v which is good for the above work,small jobs.
My brother has a 36v dewalt which is powerful but very hard on batteries,even 9ah ones.
A petrol saw is the king for continuous cutting imv,especially if you can have an appropriate sized one for the job in hand.
I have a small but powerful stihl ms 261cqm professional saw with a lot of work.done and its a pleasure to use.
I have bigger saws for heavier work.

Back