Chainsaw thread who got what?

I have a Husqvarna 346 XP but I think it's time to change. I'm not going to spend the extra money on a XP this time and was looking at a 455 rancher.

What's the difference between the ordinary models and the XP models, will I be disappointed.

I have a Husqvarna 346 XP but I think it's time to change. I'm not going to spend the extra money on a XP this time and was looking at a 455 rancher.

What's the difference between the ordinary models and the XP models, will I be disappointed.

I have a 346 XP , a great lively saw wicked power for its size . Have it 10 odd yrs . Doesent get a whole pole of use , but nice to have that bit "extra " .

A son had a Rancher , it was a lovely.handy saw , until some low life took it . It was the saw I'd have used , until I bought her 346 XP .

A Daylight moment , when it was let into a 3 ft Ash butt .

In.short , yes you Will notice a big difference.

Not a husqvarna expert but xp is professional range .if you have any much work I would buy the better one.
It will be lighter,more powerful,faster and last longer in general and really the extra money isn't massive depending on your viewpoint.
Have owned a few saws,mostly Stihl and won't go back to farmer/rancher grade saws.
A husqvarna 365 is semi professional and a great value option in a decent size saw imv

I have a 346 XP , a great lively saw wicked power for its size . Have it 10 odd yrs . Doesent get a whole pole of use , but nice to have that bit "extra " .

A son had a Rancher , it was a lovely.handy saw , until some low life took it . It was the saw I'd have used , until I bought her 346 XP .

A Daylight moment , when it was let into a 3 ft Ash butt .

In.short , yes you Will notice a big difference.

Not a husqvarna expert but xp is professional range .if you have any much work I would buy the better one.
It will be lighter,more powerful,faster and last longer in general and really the extra money isn't massive depending on your viewpoint.
Have owned a few saws,mostly Stihl and won't go back to farmer/rancher grade saws.
A husqvarna 365 is semi professional and a great value option in a decent size saw imv
The reason I bought the XP the first day is because I thought it would last longer but it doesn't seem to be the case, I have got a couple of jobs done to it this last two years and it is starting to play up again, that's why I was thinking of going for the cheaper one.
I was looking at the specs for them both this evening and I think I will be disappointed with the standard one.

I was looking at prices on line for them, buying on line is not cheap, Clarkes of Cavan have a black Friday sale on and they are still more expensive than my local dealer who has no sale on.

More hardship than it's worth
IMG_20221130_151021.jpg
the 500i with 36" bar, sawing the butt of a beech.hard split this kind of stuff with cross grain but it has to be got rid of somehow

More hardship than it's worth View attachment 116040the 500i with 36" bar, sawing the butt of a beech.hard split this kind of stuff with cross grain but it has to be got rid of somehow
I'd usually saw that sort of stuff into blocks big enough to fit into the stove. Experience tells me that it's hard to split cross grain and can sometimes be dangerous if they fly off the splitter.

I find with big stuff it’s easier to use a smaller saw. I just cut out blocks, it’s a lot of cutting; but at a stump with a big saw; I find I always hit stones and that’s a pain to resharpen.

That 500i is a lovely saw.

I bought one of those cheap electric chainsaws to use when cutting wood in the barn, the petrol one makes a hell of a racket as it’s amplified!!! when in theshed, thought it wouldn’t be up to the job but it’s turned out to be a great little machine, used the petrol one outside in the yard today……..& got soaking wet in the rain, 😂

Had a man in with a chainsaw mill yesterday which didn't work as well as expected but we got some done
You've got some lovely spalted wood there. If that's oak, I'd say there's some hard sawing in it? Is that what you plan to use for the table? A relative did a whole kitchen with spalted beech. It's fabulous looking and timeless.

More hardship than it's worth View attachment 116040the 500i with 36" bar, sawing the butt of a beech.hard split this kind of stuff with cross grain but it has to be got rid of somehow
How do you find performance with the 36 inch bar? I upgraded to 28inch light bar on my 500i she still rips with it..

Back