Chainsaw

Zomax I have heard of . Chinese I think. Neighbour has one . I heard no complaints about it , but it does virtually nothing .

Stihl and husky are great saws. The thing to remember is they both make "homeowner" saws which are dear to be fair. If you want quality you need to go pro on them, its not for everyone but i chose to go that way and haven't looked back since. Its up to yourself ..

My advice for what it's worth is go for a cheapo saw if your only doing a very small amount of work and cutting handy timber. If however your cutting up large trees particularly well seasoned timber then you need a good saw.

Zomax I have heard of . Chinese I think. Neighbour has one . I heard no complaints about it , but it does virtually nothing .
Got the loan of a zomax from a builder during the week. New saw but was a pig to start.

Got the loan of a zomax from a builder during the week. New saw but was a pig to start.
If it was a pig to start from new what does that say about it? They look like a copy of oleo Mac..

I restored this saw not much wrong with it bit if a clean up new carb and bar and chain, these will last forever stihl 029 super.
IMG_20210330_140948.jpg

I restored this saw not much wrong with it bit if a clean up new carb and bar and chain, these will last forever stihl 029 super.
View attachment 89659
Looks well. Used to have a little stihl here with a 16 inch bar, woefull bad at starting, no button on it to prime it, thought it could just be the small chainsaw but the uncle's consaw isn't much better. Any hidden tips or tricks on getting them to start easy.

Looks well. Used to have a little stihl here with a 16 inch bar, woefull bad at starting, no button on it to prime it, thought it could just be the small chainsaw but the uncle's consaw isn't much better. Any hidden tips or tricks on getting them to start easy.
Put a new spark plug in it, mine has a choke I'm sure yours has too, go to number 2 on choke, pull the starter cord, wait for it to fire, switch to number one then it should fire up straight away? If your in doubt get it serviced in a stihl dealership.. Like all things they need servicing regularly. Mine was sitting in a shed for years.. I did all of the above and away she went..

Put a new spark plug in it, mine has a choke I'm sure yours has too, go to number 2 on choke, pull the starter cord, wait for it to fire, switch to number one then it should fire up straight away? If your in doubt get it serviced in a stihl dealership.. Like all things they need servicing regularly. Mine was sitting in a shed for years.. I did all of the above and away she went..
Probably it. Takes 3 or 4 trys to get it going the usual way as you mentioned. Had put new spark plugs in them but no joy. Probably needs a service, got rid of the little stihl as had little use for it with the 2 husquavarnas at the time. Was to have a look at the consaw for the uncle but it never gets a break.

Probably it. Takes 3 or 4 trys to get it going the usual way as you mentioned. Had put new spark plugs in them but no joy. Probably needs a service, got rid of the little stihl as had little use for it with the 2 husquavarnas at the time. Was to have a look at the consaw for the uncle but it never gets a break.
You can try that sure, in fairness mine hadn't a huge lot done and was more cosmetic than anything, happy days with it.. I put a new needle bearing on, and a new carb. It was because it was sitting in the shed for years with old fuel in it.. It was the fathers saw and i wanted it to live on..

Last edited by a moderator:
You can try that sure, in fairness mine hadn't a huge lot done and was more cosmetic than anything, happy days with it.. I put a new needle bearing on, and a new carb. It was because it was sitting in the shed for years with old fuel in it..
I'd say it's a carb the con saw needs. The old husquavarna here was much the same so we put a new carb and replaced all the pipes and it runs better than the new one. Looks incredible your yolk. How did you get the colour back in it. The colours all faded on the one here. Looks awful shabby but at the same time deters people from borrowing it.
20210330_220633.jpg

I'd say it's a carb the con saw needs. The old husquavarna here was much the same so we put a new carb and replaced all the pipes and it runs better than the new one. Looks incredible your yolk. How did you get the colour back in it. The colours all faded on the one here. Looks awful shabby but at the same time deters people from borrowing it.View attachment 89662
Wurth silicone spray mostly and cif on the white plastic parts, with elbow grease!

Friend has a Zomax which I've used a few times. Smaller saw maybe 45cc size. Great yoke, starts in a pull or two and bags of torque.

Friend has a Zomax which I've used a few times. Smaller saw maybe 45cc size. Great yoke, starts in a pull or two and bags of torque.
Neighbours wife arrived home from work the other day after a trip through Lidl, I've a surprise for you she gleefully announced, he looks into the boot to see a Parkside chainsaw box, funny part is he already has 2 saws a Husky and a Stihl, I think it's gone back.......

Neighbours wife arrived home from work the other day after a trip through Lidl, I've a surprise for you she gleefully announced, he looks into the boot to see a Parkside chainsaw box, funny part is he already has 2 saws a Husky and a Stihl, I think it's gone back.......
Wouldn't know what their chainsaws are like but know who use their drills and a plasma cutters professionally and have nothing but praise for them.

Back