Change of tractor

Them 40's are good auld tractors. There is one around here (8340) that has 16,000 or 17,000 hours on her and still going strong. Very tidy model too.
The sle box is good only for the f/r synchro which goes on them all according to some people in the know. From once they are minded and not dogged and abused they should be sound.:thumbup1:

I am be wrong but I don't see why NH would have different synchros's for the SL's and the SLE's for the shuttle.

As one mechanic put it to me, probably the engine Ford should have built in 1965 - absolutely bombproof once they are minded with oil.

Skimmer's neighbours 7840 with turbo with over 13k hours is testament to that.

The later you go the better in particular for the Electroshift hydraulics as the connectors are different apparently.

Was looking at a near mint 8340 tonight at the local shop - a credit to its owner.

Why not look at some of the early landini legends? You would probably get a 97/98 for your budget a far nicer tractor then a 10000 to drive. The 10000's don't have much power very dead on the road. I used to have a blizard 95 which would eat a 10000 on the road.

Back