Chlorothalonil

I can’t buy any morpholines (Corbel etc) on their own with the last couple of years. They can only be bought in mixes with Strobs etc.
Likewise with epoxiconazole.
Deter and gaucho gone also.

Chlorothalonil can’t be got this year unless you’re willing to pay €18.5 per liter...we’ll be back to the 60s before we know it.

I think the expectation is that it’s use will be allowed up to 12 months after May 2019.

Major loss indeed.

I hope something is coming to replace it from an activity point of view.

I think the expectation is that it’s use will be allowed up to 12 months after May 2019.

Major loss indeed.

I hope something is coming to replace it from an activity point of view.
Is a replacement likely? My take on it was that there was limited support for retaining CTL from the majority of Europe as they don't depend on it to the same extent as we do in our Atlantic climate. If this is the case, are chem companies interested in such a small market?

Is Folpet anywhere near as effective as CTL?

Is a replacement likely? My take on it was that there was limited support for retaining CTL from the majority of Europe as they don't depend on it to the same extent as we do in our Atlantic climate. If this is the case, are chem companies interested in such a small market?

Is Folpet anywhere near as effective as CTL?

Exactly, it was just Ire, UK, Belgium etc that were worried about CTL. Germany have Ramularia issues also so should have been concerned.
The votes are weighted by population so Ireland’s vote would have little weight.

Folpet doesn’t seem to have the same rating but is better than nothing.

Revysol looks to have very good activity on Ramularia and also Septoria so hopefully it’ll come in time.

There’s absolutely no money being made from CTL in the trade, generics are being sold for no margin. Same could be said for Glyphosate.
One would have to think that lack of potential profit would be a factor when companies decide whether to defend such old products in Europe.

Once something comes off patent, I wonder how it works in terms of defending a product in Europe - why would the original manufacturer spend the millions defending the renewal of an old product only to be then undercut by the generic versions?
I’m no expert in terms of patents and license renewal so could be well off the mark.

Nope I,d say you,d be dead on @CORK once the margin disappears the notion to defend a product goes as well.

It’s great to know grain and Bananas will not be imported into Europe if they have been treated with Chlorothanil
Bravo is used in a. big way in growing Bananas .
https://www.researchgate.net/public...rothalonil_in_a_Costa_Rican_banana_plantation
They will have it in the uK aswell so we can just head over there for a long weekend to Liverpool or somwhere, heap of pints, strip club and a pallet of CTL into the boot and onto the ferry and back again. Job done.....

Cork has covered a number of alternatives, What kind of price change are We talking about by moving to these products?

All It will take Is a poor year for disease for these To Be tested.

You could also argue that reducing The chemistry toolkit Is Very poor from an IPM point of view too which Is being constantly rammed down our throats now.

Said TD then took exception when his comments were printed in the local paper which is usually full of his propaganda!!
I thought that was shameful by the paper. They carried a comment by the ICMSA man, if anything his issue was with them.

They will have it in the uK aswell so we can just head over there for a long weekend to Liverpool or somwhere, heap of pints, strip club and a pallet of CTL into the boot and onto the ferry and back again. Job done.....

Only fools and horses strangers on the shore. Gary!!!!

Has there been any further update on the use by date yet? I haven't seen anything about it myself.

I think they have to stop selling it by the end of this summer and we have to stop using it by middle of next year so we are alright for 2019 use.

May next year with us nash I,m not certain on the exact date though. edit it was mentioned that the cut off date was to early to use any carry over on spring crops.

Back