Christopher Duffy

Cuffe was all wrong for sure but to use his removal as a mandate was stupid. That only happened a week ago and that group is on the go a long time now and they are planning this with a good few weeks. Seems like they needed somthing to give out about and picked that. Best of luck to them in their quest.
exactly my problem. They're giving out about a heap of small things and they change their mind like the wind changes direction. They need to have one direct clear aim per protest and once that aim has been achieved repeat again with a new aim. Going up, blocking roads and 5 or 6 lads shouting at a minister 6 different requests is just stupid. It's just too spontaneous.

So to protest about fuel prices and a minister they block a supermarket distribution centre which buys Irish. What is the logic to this.

More beneficial would be parking tractors outside the constituency offices of every td country wide urban and rural. The same with council offices as a display of unity.

So to protest about fuel prices and a minister they block a supermarket distribution centre which buys Irish. What is the logic to this.

More beneficial would be parking tractors outside the constituency offices of every td country wide urban and rural. The same with council offices as a display of unity.
This is bonkers

SuperValu are the only supermarket chain who support local producers in their stores

Could they not of found somewhere else to go ?

This is bonkers

SuperValu are the only supermarket chain who support local producers in their stores

Could they not of found somewhere else to go ?
Haven't read much about what exactly is going on here but I would have thought you're exactly right, Musgraves would surely be the best of the bunch would they not. Very alarmed finding out about the new price of drink, looks like I'll be ladden down coming back from Belfast when I head up.

Sure there happy.
They weren't happy holding up every back road in the country so they'll go up to Dublin to block up the busiest roads in the country to get their kick. On the other hand I'm quite content holding up the back roads. :lol:

There’s a cohort of “hit the diff” listening, tractor lovers who believe this is where the world starts and stops. Blocking roads with beacons flashing and roaring “abou Savin rural Ireland”
If they had brains they’d be dangerous 😂
They don't seem to know what they're at, at all. I watched his video yesterday, trying to make his point/points I think? First he said that the protest was for the price of diesel for contractors, halfway through the video he said it was for farmers then at the end of the video he said it was for rural ireland and that farmings finnished. Sure how would anyone take anything away from that other than he's absolutely fuming with every thing this weather

Just reading from social media the public don't seem to be complaining or didn't complain when the truckers held them up.
I suppose the idea behind blocking up a distribution centre is that there will be a lot of supervalues with no food on the shelves and that will show people that if the farmers aren't there then food isn't either.
There's a serious want on an awful lot of people for change.
People are sick of government after government going through the motions and there is never any big change.
We do absolutely everything arseways here we can't even maintain the roads for an example.

We might not agree with these lads but they are trying to stand up for agriculture in Ireland.
Nobody else really does.

I doubt they will hold up Musgrave s for long.thats illegal and someone will be arrested.protesting and blockading are not the same.
The authorities won't be lenient as it's a non co operative protest.
I thought the climate bill was a big part of their complaint but don't hear it now.
I hope it goes well for them.
The skyrocketing price of inputs is going to be a huge issue for us all next year.
The climate bil is also going to have huge effects over a few years, unless we get recognition of sequestration.the targets will not be met , everyone knows that but have stopped saying it due to political back lash

Just reading from social media the public don't seem to be complaining or didn't complain when the truckers held them up.
I suppose the idea behind blocking up a distribution centre is that there will be a lot of supervalues with no food on the shelves and that will show people that if the farmers aren't there then food isn't either.
There's a serious want on an awful lot of people for change.
People are sick of government after government going through the motions and there is never any big change.
We do absolutely everything arseways here we can't even maintain the roads for an example.

We might not agree with these lads but they are trying to stand up for agriculture in Ireland.
Nobody else really does.
The problem isn't really with them holding up the general public. It's that when they get to Dublin and a td comes to talk with them none of them can really say what exactly it is they want. Diesel prices seems to be the only thing they're all certain about but everything else they're not really. They seem to be going by the logic if they go up and block off Dublin long enough something will change, in which case I doubt it will.

The problem isn't really with them holding up the general public. It's that when they get to Dublin and a td comes to talk with them none of them can really say what exactly it is they want. Diesel prices seems to be the only thing they're all certain about but everything else they're not really. They seem to be going by the logic if they go up and block off Dublin long enough something will change, in which case I doubt it will.
That's pretty much like the current narrative that if all the cows are gone and their methane is gone then all will be well with climate change.

All the reduction in methane is going to do is buy us a few more years to drastically reduce the use of fossil fuels but you won't hear that being talked about.

That's pretty much like the current narrative that if all the cows are gone and their methane is gone then all will be well with climate change.

All the reduction in methane is going to do is buy us a few more years to drastically reduce the use of fossil fuels but you won't hear that being talked about.
I know that but that's not what they're protesting about. This is the only thing I could find so far which clearly states a few aims but they're just too broad and too many. I think the first major one that would want to be focused on is the tax on fossil fuels such as white and green diesel as this affects a very broad range of people and as we can see now the truckers are also protesting. Get them all to unite and as suggested above camp in the Phoenix park and head for the dail around 9 or 10 o clock to let people get to work. Once that aim has been achieved let a warning about the climate bill and how it threatens the national herd and if nothing is done about just simply repeat the process and do the same kind of protest again.
Screenshot_20211213-121846.pngScreenshot_20211213-121920.pngScreenshot_20211213-121941.pngScreenshot_20211213-122011.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211213-121955.png
    Screenshot_20211213-121955.png
    440.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20211213-122035.png
    Screenshot_20211213-122035.png
    428.5 KB · Views: 9

What is going over their heads is the fact that FG and FG are deeply rooted in agri exports and food processing.
Goodman has more influence on National agri policy than the greens ever will.
There is no reduction policy in place. Nitrates policy being the only constraint and that’s as it was.
Did you know meat industry Ireland made numerous submissions to government for re coupling cap funds to suckler beef production? They made submissions regarding an early age slaughter scheme and They secured 170 million in direct grant aid in the the last 24 months.
Without showing any accounts or transparency publicly as to how this is justified.

The greens are making noise and are a nuisance but if farm reps had the brains to play cute and agree with them ...believe it or not it would hurt a processing industry before it would hurt us.
There is a direct link between national prime fat cattle numbers here and farmgate profitability.
But these lads are saving us (while Larry laughs)

Turkeys protesting for more Christmas days ... gobble gobble!!

Back