Claas 630 pto issue

massey 6480

As title lads claas 630 here at home has developed a habit of not turning off the pto . Turns on fine and works fine . Hit the button to turn it off and display will tell you it’s off but pto keeps going . Anyone come across similar before .

As title lads claas 630 here at home has developed a habit of not turning off the pto . Turns on fine and works fine . Hit the button to turn it off and display will tell you it’s off but pto keeps going . Anyone come across similar before .
No experience with any Claas tractors and very little with electrically controlled PTOs but it’s hardly the solenoid sticking?

Pto brake could be worn have also seen the hub pushin off the pack and causin pack to drag
Any way of checking without surgery . Have an error code coming up but don’t know it off hand

Last edited:
Actually have the workshop manual for the tractor with the error codes . Had a look at the tractor to night of course could`nt get the error codes to come up . Found a pic of the codes the brother sent me . This is what they mean
pto2.PNG

could be the solenoid , claas tractors dont have a proper pto break so you can rule that out . might be the switch itsself . we've had 1 that the pto was turning itself on think it was 1 of the modules in behind the seat that was causing it , which requires a dealer to program the new 1

could be the solenoid , claas tractors dont have a proper pto break so you can rule that out . might be the switch itsself . we've had 1 that the pto was turning itself on think it was 1 of the modules in behind the seat that was causing it , which requires a dealer to program the new 1
Now that’s a dangerous fault.

Solenoid fucked.
There’s a button just behind the switch is that not the brake . Turn off the pto and you can still turn the pto by hand hit that switch and pto can’t be turned .
I pulled the solenoids out last night and cleaned them switch one was a little grubby . Brother was mowing today and pto turning off everytime . Possible a little bit of dirt was causing the issue . Just keep an eye on it I suppose.

There’s a button just behind the switch is that not the brake . Turn off the pto and you can still turn the pto by hand hit that switch and pto can’t be turned .
I pulled the solenoids out last night and cleaned them switch one was a little grubby . Brother was mowing today and pto turning off everytime . Possible a little bit of dirt was causing the issue . Just keep an eye on it I suppose.
My pto particularly bad for turning all the time was talking to the tech boy and he was saying there isn't an actual break on it but some thing that just puts pressure on the bearing that stops it turning which is what the button does

Back