Claas Jag 75

Ó hÉidin

had a chat with a friend who is looking at one,

i know a few bits about it but knowledge is sketchy, anything worth knowing??

cheers.

check the yoke on the tractor side of the corner gear box for play,check the "hood" piece over the knifes inbetween the sharpening stone and spout cos if its worn out can redeuce blow and its a bigish job to spilt and replace,concaves aren't cheap so a good one would be a bonus,check all electrics and metal dector/forward reverse works,make sure all the chains have been running in line,check cam track for play
worked with 75's for the last 15 years so have a bit of experince with them,they are good machines just could have done with about twice the ajustment on the concave because they often need the knifes setting up to get decent blow

are parts still easy to get hold of???

anyone make spurious parts?? should these be avoided??

whats the metal detector like??

cheers

never had a problem getting spares from our claas dealer(rickerbys)
once tried a cheaper set of knives,can't remember the name,they didn't last as well but were a fair bit cheaper
when setting the knivies up make sure you grind all the rust off the cylinder,knife and knife holder,we have had big problems in the past with rust building up then you can't keep the knife bolts tight which has led to blow ups

the metal dectors are good
is it a wide or narrow reel model? to get the most out of these machines you need a smooth row,two 9 foot mower conditioner rows into one would be ideal in a heavy crop,once the grass has been scaled its never as good to pick up

the metal dectors are good
is it a wide or narrow reel model? to get the most out of these machines you need a smooth row,two 9 foot mower conditioner rows into one would be ideal in a heavy crop,once the grass has been scaled its never as good to pick up

its the narrow pick up but has the roller press.
also metal detector.

if its a narrow reel it will have tin wheels on the pick reel and these are crap,they can't stand the weight of the reel so set the ram stop so the reel is at the right height then adjust the wheels so they aren't carrying any weight but they will still lift the reel up over the bumps
the crop press rollers are really good but they do make the machine an inch or two wider

if its a narrow reel it will have tin wheels on the pick reel and these are crap,they can't stand the weight of the reel so set the ram stop so the reel is at the right height then adjust the wheels so they aren't carrying any weight but they will still lift the reel up over the bumps
the crop press rollers are really good but they do make the machine an inch or two wider

it does have the tin wheels.

how worn is the drawbar,at the bottom on the end where you put the pin through?this is a good clue to how much work it will have done

how worn is the drawbar,at the bottom on the end where you put the pin through?this is a good clue to how much work it will have done

looked to be ok, my only bugbear with the machine, as with most, is that it has an additive kit on it i hate the idea of acid going through choppers. seen some get eaten.

not many do any more.

cut a bit for some dairy guys who still swear by molasses.

got one guy who puts on a power of some sort every 6 loads.

We dont put it on anywhere now either.:thumbup1:
Just aswell as the chopper driver used to go home pretty red faced after a day breathing the shyte fumes in all day long.:thumbdown::laugh:

what tractor is going on the front of it?and are you pulling trailers or side loading?

a mate was going to buy it.

now i think i've ended up talking myself into it.

its been stored outside for 2 years so wants a bit of TLC.

if i do end up with it i would sell it on to try and make a few quid. it has the long hinged spout with extension on it so it would sidefill, and the puh is missing off it.

1254486382_P1011067.jpg

1254486487_P1011071.JPG

1254486483_P1011069.JPG

1254486481_P1011068.JPG

Back