Claas liner 2800 vs 2900 ?

James

Ok so currently using a 2800 raking for the fusion and a couple of self propelled. Only issue really is the swath presentation for the baler. To get a swath that doesn't dip in the centre I need to pull the rake in which means the mower has to be set to leave a fairly narrow row. Ideally I'd set the mower to leave a wider sward that would suit the baler if it wasn't raked but still suit the rake to produce a correct even sward. Am I right thinking a 2900 would suit better? Mower is a kv 4332 so 3.2m and I try to cut with the minimal of overlapping every time.

Ok so currently using a 2800 raking for the fusion and a couple of self propelled. Only issue really is the swath presentation for the baler. To get a swath that doesn't dip in the centre I need to pull the rake in which means the mower has to be set to leave a fairly narrow row. Ideally I'd set the mower to leave a wider sward that would suit the baler if it wasn't raked but still suit the rake to produce a correct even sward. Am I right thinking a 2900 would suit better? Mower is a kv 4332 so 3.2m and I try to cut with the minimal of overlapping every time.
Claas rep telling me 2 years ago to go with a 2800 makes a better swarth for a Baler than the 2900, kept with another krone, find they leave a very even row

Have a 2900 leaves a nice swath but we took of the middle curtain and it doesn’t matter if you are pulling less grass on one side it still leaves an even swath.

I'd leave the rotors wide and speed the pto up

How fast can you go? The stickers recommend a max of 480 iirc. Would running near 540 not increase wear too much?
its only odd fields :thumbup1: its rated for 540
my 780 is the same,if its wide enough to fill the shoulders it leaves it a bit empty in the middle so rev it up until its right

Back