Climate Change

What people forget is that we could live without flying but everyone needs to eat.
People don't care about food though. They know it's just on the supermarket shelves and will always be so it doesn't need any further thought. Running the car, having the fancy holiday, the 2nd home to rent out and blow about at a social gathering and the phone, tv tablet and lets not forget the latest PS BS 4 or whatever model their at now. People have no issue spending every cent they have on the trappings off high living but woe betide having to pay for such daft things as water to drink and food to eat,,,,,,,the things needed to sustain life.

People don't care about food though. They know it's just on the supermarket shelves and will always be so it doesn't need any further thought. Running the car, having the fancy holiday, the 2nd home to rent out and blow about at a social gathering and the phone, tv tablet and lets not forget the latest PS BS 4 or whatever model their at now. People have no issue spending every cent they have on the trappings off high living but woe betide having to pay for such daft things as water to drink and food to eat,,,,,,,the things needed to sustain life.

A man with a full belly has many problems. A hungry man has only one problem

Was it blocking the entrance to the restaurant?

I always lose weight at harvest, pity harvest doesn’t last a bit longer - I’m beginning to winter well :unsure:
I must be the only one that puts on weight during harvest because I bring a bag of goodies with me and Mrs Bog Man feels sorry for me because I am working so hard that she uses the extra large plates with greedy boards .

I must be the only one that puts on weight during harvest because I bring a bag of goodies with me and Mrs Bog Man feels sorry for me because I am working so hard that she uses the extra large plates with greedy boards .

The life and times of a barley baron :lol:

Olives, artisan cheeses and meats no doubt. Washed down with Prosecco. No flattened hang sandwiches and milky tea to be seen.

I had a right laugh earlier talking to the next door neighbour. Talking about Christmas and such and he remarks "Jaysus I may keep back from the trough, didn't I only barely get out of the shower this morning". Apparently it has 2 sliding doors that don't open wide enough it seems :laugh:. He finishes off by saying "ah fcuk it Christmas only comes around once a year, I'll loose a bit in the new year".

London to Capetown is 8,277 miles, it would take a full to the brim 747 to do 8000 miles using 48,000 gallons, a gallon every second.. what sort of pumps does it take to refuel them.
Aye just looked:blink:5 gallons per mile

When Concord was flying it used to use one ton of fuel per passenger to cross the Atlantic.
I remember there been a documentary about Concord and in it that plane used enough fuel just taxing to the runway that would run a family car for 3 years. Will future generations look back to oil age man and shake their heads?.

Was it blocking the entrance to the restaurant?

I always lose weight at harvest, pity harvest doesn’t last a bit longer - I’m beginning to winter well :unsure:

I can join the club on that one as well. Could easily lose a stone over two/three weeks and I'd class it myself that I'd be better fed!!

I'd say our problem (and more so in mine) Cork, that we have sedentary enough jobs spending a lot of time sitting down.

Christmas week, full moon just gone, normally that would mean clear sky and frosty nights but it's 9 degrees outside, steam rising off the cattle in the shed, daffodils a few inches overground, certainly some sign of change.

Christmas week, full moon just gone, normally that would mean clear sky and frosty nights but it's 9 degrees outside, steam rising off the cattle in the shed, daffodils a few inches overground, certainly some sign of change.
I remember the same thing 5 years or more back. A well known agronomist blamed the high level of BYVD the following year on the extremely mild weather during Christmas week. I well believe it as we had woeful hassle with respiratory issues in cattle during the same week.

I was watching a documentary last night about the earthquake that struck japan in 2011,
They were saying that the force of the quake threw the earth 25cm off its axis and slowed its revolution by something point of a second a day. You would have to wonder would this not have a big effect on our climate or a'm i missing something from my school days..??,,!!
im not saying it wont affect the climate but i cant see it affecting the earth as much as they say with out the effects being felt world wide

Back