Combicrop

mfield

Thanks Bogman, I've had a read off www.combicrop.com. Anyone else growing it?

Some questions, that I suspect BM will be the only man with the answers to:

Seed cost?

Nitrogen requirement? Say you'd be looking at a 100 units (plus maybe a little more) to grow spring barley on a given piece of land, what would you need to apply for the combicrop?

Does it grow reasonably well on "tired" ground and if so how good a break crop is it?

P, K and lime?

No fungicide? Really?

The site says "cheap herbicide". I would have thought MCPP was out because of the peas. Is it just a case of using something for grass weeds and not bothering with the broad leaves?

How's seed availability?

TIA.

Thanks Bogman, I've had a read off www.combicrop.com. Anyone else growing it?

Some questions, that I suspect BM will be the only man with the answers to:

Seed cost? About £ 560 / Tonne about 14 stonne / acre

Nitrogen requirement? Say you'd be looking at a 100 units (plus maybe a little more) to grow spring barley on a given piece of land, what would you need to apply for the combicrop? 40 units / acre

Does it grow reasonably well on "tired" ground and if so how good a break crop is it? I have found it does well . I grow it in a few awkward fields

There is about 100 acres grown near here.
P, K and lime? Same as Barley

No fungicide? Really?

The site says "cheap herbicide". I would have thought MCPP was out because of the peas. Is it just a case of using something for grass weeds and not bothering with the broad leaves? Stomp Aqua is very cheap. In the UK they use MCPB if they have redshank.

How's seed availability? I get a guy to bring it in as a Back load . It is near Fishgard so you could get Skimmer to run over for it

TIA.

There is about 100 acres grown near here.

Back