Combines

Well, what's the verdict overall!
It's big :scared:. I've had to widen every gate and gap it'll be going through. There's a lot more watching on a 16ft header when your used to a 10ft cut. After that it's a lovely machine to operate and the ac cab is some improvement over the dust fill oven the 520 has. Huge grain tank and uploads much quicker then the 520. I only cut 10 acres yesterday evening to fill the trailers and I left it so after that. I'll have a better idea on her after a few days work.

It's big :scared:. I've had to widen every gate and gap it'll be going through. There's a lot more watching on a 16ft header when your used to a 10ft cut. After that it's a lovely machine to operate and the ac cab is some improvement over the dust fill oven the 520 has. Huge grain tank and uploads much quicker then the 520. I only cut 10 acres yesterday evening to fill the trailers and I left it so after that. I'll have a better idea on her after a few days work.
Great to see you going with it best of luck. I am similar here busy watching the 10 ft cut and thats at a very slow pace to give it time to trash it, i have no idea how lads can watch a 22 or 25 ft header especially in stuff thats lodged or half the header width lodged and the rest standing. They must have more eyes than me.

Great, delighted to hear new machine is going well.

Are there sensitivity setting adjusters on the control panel?
Had a electrician out today. Found a broken wire and 2 bad connections. Shaker monitor is now working, and the monitor for the walkers works if powered at the back, but the pads are not sending any power through. Thinking of using as is this season, are the walker sensors important? Is it likely that both pads have failed? Is it possible that they only work when the thresher is up to speed?
Ever the optomist

The 35ft has a 25ft to keep it company too!
Ah, that might be his last combine! It was drafted back from the dealers last year to cover a breakdown, then kept for the rest of the season as far as I know. Serious acreage there to get through.

Drove a 36ft in Australia, alot of watching in it even though they cut high and crops are thin! Got a go off a demo Cat with 42ft header:Whistle2:

I carted from 30 something foot headers in Australia and i was constantly watching the driver wouldn’t crash into my tractor.....

A popular MF man once told me he had to drive a brand spanking new MF combine from Dublin to Cork back in the eighties to an agricultural show for the MF importers at the time. Not sure what model but it had buttons and switches for operating everything instead of typical levers. After a few hours at a max speed of around 12 mph he got bored and started playing with the switches and buttons to see what each did. One set of buttons wouldn’t work or at least not that he could see anything working. After a few more miles through the countryside he heard a small bang followed by a bigger bang then nothing else. A few hundred yards later same banging again. Stopped combine and looked underneath, checked wheel nuts, all fine so drive on again. Few miles later more banging. He pulled up at a roadside stop with yet another few hours to go and got down to have a better look. Only then did he see the remains of the unloading auger dangling over the side of the combine-in bits! So that set of buttons did work something after all...quite a few telegraph poles and trees had taken their toll on it. He didn’t quite know what to say or do after that.

I spoke to a man earlier running a 35ft cut, imagine being in command of that!! :woot:
I did a few hours with a 12m header, all I did was hit the autosteer button and look interested.....I guess I got lucky. That is the only combine I have ever driven and ever will either

I spoke to a man earlier running a 35ft cut, imagine being in command of that!! :woot:
All dandy the day cutting but I wouldn't want to have fields of straw down in this weather afterwards. Mine is 18 ft and plenty big regarding straw. My last combine was 14 ft and straw dried out on it's own but even going to 18 ft created savage work twisting and turning straw

All dandy the day cutting but I wouldn't want to have fields of straw down in this weather afterwards. Mine is 18 ft and plenty big regarding straw. My last combine was 14 ft and straw dried out on it's own but even going to 18 ft created savage work twisting and turning straw
Turn on the chopper - that would get a few people excited!!!

True enough about the straw but in a broken harvest the grain is the most important part of the crop and straw will eventually be got. I have 20 acres behind my Hse down in 25 ft swarths and its not nice seeing it getting all this rain but it will be tedding out once and left and then raked back up when dry. I know if I had a smaller capacity combine I would have crops standing with a lot of heads on the ground. Horses for courses and all that.

Worst swaths i seen when wet are gleaner. D straw comes out of those at d side on d back their a bastard of a swath to try bale

Have you traded it in already!!!:laugh: good to hear it went well.

Almost like a photo from an MF brochure!
I find myself having a new found interest in older new holland combines, prowling done deal at least once a week looking at tx 62’s 63’s and 64’s then I haven’t even my own barley cut yet :rolleyes2: there’s a tx36 on done deal at the moment in meath and I’m memorised :lol::lol:

Back