Combines

Discussion in 'Machinery Matters' started by nashmach, May 14, 2014.

1. KTM Farmer

KTM Farmer Well-Known Member

Yea, these are the ones I am thinking of. 716E6B4B-F00C-4A7A-BBCB-DE02F3B0182F.png

2. stevieg

stevieg Well-Known Member

the combine is over 40 ft long when the header is folded for the road.

KTM Farmer likes this.
  3. KTM Farmer

KTM Farmer Well-Known Member

Makes it very long alright, reduces the benefit.

4. Masseyrk662

Masseyrk662 Well-Known Member

What’s the best way to access grain pan for cleaning ? Take out the 2 sieves ? And I think I’m going to have to attempt rooting at the concave @Danielk is it hard get the neck out

5. stevieg

stevieg Well-Known Member

did you take off the stone trap. You’ll get at it from there

gone likes this.
  6. AYF

AYF Well-Known Member

I could see the folding header being a huge bonus on fields connected to each other.
    Drop it off for the road after.

A lot of places could still run it down the road.

7. MF30

MF30 Well-Known Member

If you can clean the concave through the side panels using air pressure through a 90 degree bend that should do the grain pan also. Unless its really caked in mud. A clean standing crop of wheat was always a great way to shotblast the inside of a combine, that option may be hard got this year.

gone likes this.
  8. 6600

6600 Well-Known Member

Bucket of a digger would sort a lot of places out. Roads are so narrow in a lot of places you wouldn't have a hope getting around with a head hanging out in front.

nashmach and AYF like this.
  9. Ptk44

Ptk44 Well-Known Member

I thought some roads were bad here but I remember being over in devon one time. They have these “devon land banks” as ditches along the road and they are protected or at least there were where I was near Barnstable. Anyway the roads were almost impossibly narrow and these ditches were both right on Top of the roadside And very high. A real nightmare and much worse than most of over here I reckon. Must be a nightmare with modern machinery.

Paw and 6600 like this.
  10. Claas Grass

Claas Grass Well-Known Member

11. Big Vern

Big Vern Well-Known Member

Somerset all the time now ... As I'm a civvie
    I spend a bit of time up and down those said same lanes with a draw and drag picking up milk,,,, unless I'd been shown I could get to some farms I'd never have driven some of the roads,,,, fortunatly said roads are not over busy and the folk you tend to meet that far in can just as fast back ward as they can forward,,, usually the postie or the "bloke" who delivers the papers,!!!!

12. Masseyrk662

Just finished cleaning the combine out for year, took the neck off to hell and sieves out the back and went at it like a turkey at Xmas, the “clean” grain auger was by far the dirtiest worst smelling thing I ever experienced, I feel sorry for lads that have a couple of combines as the thought of cleaning one out is bad enough

13. Danielk

Danielk Well-Known Member

Well you know now it’s not a major job to take off the neck. Seen some taking it off using pallet forks and others taking it off while connected to the head. Sieves out the back is simple job and with them out it gives you good access to the pan. At least you will start next year all cleaned out.

Masseyrk662 likes this.
  14. Masseyrk662

Ya I took it off with pallet forks, was terrified it was going to fall back when it came off the slides, first time properly in it from that angle

15. Danielk

Danielk Well-Known Member

I think some of the 60 series had a 3 point linkage on it to lift off. Would be handy

16. Masseyrk662

Ya I read that before somewhere be a good job, only trouble I had with combine is the master cylinder is leaking fluid, the diesel tank is leaking diesel, and in the end up the clutch for straw chopping blew up :scratchhead::rolleyes2:

17. CoNaMi

CoNaMi Well-Known Member

Yeah the 60 series and newer have 3 point linkage. Very safe way of taking neck on and off.

18. no name

no name Well-Known Member

Haven't a NH here but my combine mechanic said that the 3 point linkage on the neck is brilliant for removing the neck but unless it's just pulled straight forward and not moved away at an angle to the combine it's a devil to get back on square, there's no manoeuvrability compared to a pallet forks

19. jf 850

jf 850 Well-Known Member

You seem to have taken to your latest career like a duck to water Vern :Thumbp2:

You mention collecting milk with a draw and drag. Very nearly exclusively artics collect it here . i think the tanker collects here is 28k litres. There would be an odd rigid , but usually old yokes. I havent ever seen a drag tanker . Has it its own pump unit , or more likely , you fill truck first , and then pump the next lot in the drag tanker , using the truck pump ?

20. nashmach

nashmach Well-Known Member

Be Interesting coming to many of the various junctions around here, It's bad enough with a plough on the back let alone something 10ft/12ft sticking out front!

21. declanc304

declanc304 Well-Known Member

D famous combine was bought by a farmer in canada who rebuilt it. He seems to buy damaged machines and rebuild them. Hes doing a job on a 9360r now 82B9C1F8-CA8C-4580-9389-2C9B4CF7DA63.png DC390FA0-92F9-4B6D-865A-9B9D5492AEBF.png A089CE28-BC33-4866-8EDE-789512A9CE04.png

jay gatsby, marco, gone and 1 other person like this.
  22. marco

marco Well-Known Member

23. declanc304

86CE7116-2D06-42E6-A866-9D6F49333273.png
    Im not sure about that i saw it on twitter land. Il put up his handle

24. Ptk44

Ptk44 Well-Known Member

Must be some cost though when you look at the price of panels alone! Appreciate everything else like engine etc is perfect ... like everything I suppose depends on the purchase price

25. declanc304

I cant imagine it would be a cheap project to undertake but they must see some savings by doing it that way. They would had to have gone through d combine fairly wel before buying it id imagine