Combines

Next door neighbours after trading up, always thought these were the first really good modern combine JD have made.
Last time the guy that does most of my cutting was changing we went to a local contractor who was trading from a JD 2266 to one of the early T550. We were asking him if he found much difference between the new 5 walker and the old 6 walker, he was not lookingto run down the old combine, he had the 2 working together and said, " the 550 was a little quicker alright, but very little in it". I asked him directly what speeds the 2 combines were doing, 4kph v 5kph, asked about headers 22" v 20", asked about losses, "a good bit less with 550", asked about grain sample, "a nice bit better with the 550.
So in short, 10% extra cut at 25% extra speed and doing a good bit a better job. :lol:

View attachment 94698
They do leave a lovely sample , had a t660 on demo a few years ago in oats and it was very impressive with the nicest sample I have seen in a long time

I got a spin in a demo Deutz 9306 today working locally only came into the country on Thursday. Oh my god what a pleasure compared to my old bus. 24ft header and humming along, no noise, no dust just a pleasure of a cab to be inside. I would need to do a course on how to drive it though.
Apparently available to any interested potential clients in Cork or Waterford.
Didn’t get photos as I was so excited I left the phone in the jeep.

I got a spin in a demo Deutz 9306 today working locally only came into the country on Thursday. Oh my god what a pleasure compared to my old bus. 24ft header and humming along, no noise, no dust just a pleasure of a cab to be inside. I would need to do a course on how to drive it though.

Is it jim power would have the dealings of that?

So good you had to tell us twice!!!

You don't say :whistle::lol:

Has anyone come up with a solution for the unloading augur dribbling on NH CX combines, so annoying.

Apparently that Deutz combine reverses the unloading auger once turned off to eliminate dribbling. Is that commonplace on all new models?

Met 2 big jd combines turning on to the main cork limerick road at ballyhea on Saturday morning had a big Richard western chaser and jd tractor with it too

Has anyone come up with a solution for the unloading augur dribbling on NH CX combines, so annoying.
I assume dribbling when folded in? Ours only dribbles if the tank is not completely emptied and the auger is folded in when fully loaded. Is there a thin strip of rubber in front of the outlet to prevent grain dribbling out?

I assume dribbling when folded in? Ours only dribbles if the tank is not completely emptied and the auger is folded in when fully loaded. Is there a thin strip of rubber in front of the outlet to prevent grain dribbling out?
Dribbling whether in or out.
When side loading the augur is never really empty, but even when filling trailers on the headland both CX's are poor at dribbling.
Thomas Jenkison says the plastic flap is working as it should, but only seems to hold grain to dribble it for the next 100m to me.

When side loading the augur is never really empty, but even when filling trailers on the headland both CX's are poor at dribbling.
Thomas Jenkison says the plastic flap is working as it should, but only seems to hold grain to dribble it for the next 100m to me.
What it causing it to pass along the auger while the auger is stationary? Is it belt driven or hydrostatic? When mine is folded in you might get a handful of grain that would be sitting on the top flight but that would be it.

That sounds annoying. We gave up emptying on the move a good few years ago for different reasons and always make sure to empty the tank fully on the headland as I don't like the idea of that extra weight sitting in the unloading auger going around the field. That's probably why we have no issue with grain dribbling.

Back