Combines

Plenty of grease did sort that issue, there should be a nipple at bottom of the spout. I got 2 bins cut this evening and the belt for the rotary separator broke. I really hope central bearings have one or I’m in trouble as tomorrow looks good. Sickening too as moisture was at 20%. The belt looks good otherwise so I really hope there was a craic somewhere that caused it to break
Before parking up l would move out the spout to a different spot each night. Then when you grease up in the morning all parts of the circle get lubrication.

Combine didn’t break down today but unloading auger stayed on when turned off…
I had bother with this on mine too and it was the belt guard/guide at fault. It seems to be a very fine setting so as the belt rests on it when turned off and doesn't grip the pulley but if its too slack the belt drops and catches on the top of the pulley.

What was wrong with the old chute that it needed changing? Is it a Ford engine in your 8070?
It had an accidental meeting with an esb pole meeting back in 06. Made a right s hook out of the auger. Dad got the auger fixed (gas torch and used a plank of ply to make look level, stuck the chute on to hear any scraping. Took it off again if there was scraping and kept going until nothing was heard) he got the new one off the insurance and kept running the old one ever since. We would have kept running it but apparently was never right since. Chute would be hopping a little when unloading. Ford engine on it as well

Last edited:
I might of said it before but that combine earns all the credit,that combine is fabulous @Danielk
Looks beautiful

That must be one of the cleanest TX in the country. Have you it long @Danielk

thanks lads. Yea she is well minded. I have it I think 14 years now. It arrived in from England one morning and I had it bought that afternoon. She has gotten a lot of new parts. Runs very well. Under cover every night except for a couple of nights it’s away on other lads farms. If any rain is forecasted for the night she is brought home to the shed

friend of mine who draws silage with us asked could he make a video of me cutting. He done a good job on it.
Footage is well filmed and edited plus a good backing track.
Your gear is just fantastic, from the combine to trailers they are a credit to ye, they all seem to look as good as day 1, well done.

View attachment 96234View attachment 96235
After 15 years, new chute was unboxed couple days ago. Got the chute on yesterday and tidied up up a few bits. Still need to fit on the panels, grease it, change engine oil and I hope to give it a panel wash
I remember a fella collecting a replacement unloading auger for his Lexion from Claas dealer, tied the timber box to the roof of the Citroen Xantia and off he went, twas a hairy looking setup...

Back