Combines

What is the difference in cs and csx new Holland combines can anyone tell me ?

Easiest way to think about it is the CS replaced the TX60 series.

The CS were a big step up so the CSX were brought in to more fill the gap but they are much better match for the mid size TX.

There are some minor design differences between the two as well but I cannot be certain of them.

I'd be very surprised if either of them came within your budget.

I think csx replaced Cs model. Think csx has different design unloading auger and could have a extra drum. But could be wrong on that
Csx replaced Cs, both are an 1980s 8000 series with fancy panels.
They returns go back to the drum and some of them don’t have a rotary seperator.
Certainly not a Tx and I’m told the build quality is not as good as a Tx either, in fact they might be made in Poland
Having said that if one came up in your budget I’d snap it up
What is the difference in cs and csx new Holland combines can anyone tell me ?

maybe smaller than you are looking for but tidy

It was on Parris's website for about 6hrs the other day before going on donedeal.ie. If I was buying a combine, I'd go to the UK and source direct, some of these importers are just buying trade sales ex UK and then putting 10k on them, unserviced or warrantied from my experience, you may as well take the risk yourself.

I very nearly had that today. I was turning around on the headland and smoke came billowing out from around the right side of the throat on the 865. Luckily the brother was just after landing back from the merchants and started pouring water in around where we thought the fire was.
Turned out to be the a.c. compressor was the culprit and chaff that had built up around it ignited and was falling down onto the drum belt which was firing it out onto the throat.
The ac quit earlier on but the compressor kept running non stop and reddened itself. Days like today are combine killers.

Anybody ever pulled the grainpan out of a 400 series Lexion?

comes out the back rather than the front like most other combines......going at ours this week to replace rubbers on the side if we cant do them inside......not a nice job from what I'm lead to believe.....

We are going to do the same job, they are riveted in so can't see it being done in situ.
So………
Started this job in June, then the Bro went down with Covid, there’s not much you can do on your own and by the time he was going again we were under pressure with only a few days left till we were booked to start, we tried but these 2 pins weren’t coming out without a fight.
DBE5170F-DF90-4A17-8EDD-482A6459C7CF.jpeg
In the end we decided to put her back together and cut the winter barley first.

So we took into it again, kinda knew what we were doing 2nd time around,
Made this
38DD63E3-79BB-438F-A5FC-FF914B2A06C0.jpeg
To do this
DE5E8437-E8F1-427E-884C-D7636B8D1051.jpeg
But even with heat they still weren’t for coming out, had to butcher it to get the first 1 out
E6140A0E-2059-483F-B9A9-DA59D15468C4.jpeg
64053570-4865-4CE3-B552-29F0A462C593.jpeg
Other side was easy then as could hammer it with a long shaft through from the other side.
Coming out at last
B1366F4F-E52F-4D3C-BAE0-79AC7145DE6E.jpeg
7B5FF4E3-8A94-4388-B96B-E0544790A495.jpeg
9AE052C9-74CE-4BBE-964A-D9589968A00B.jpeg
840B83EE-5148-45DE-A261-5E7349AB4461.jpeg
509D26E5-AC33-4E08-8B43-E58A33EB12B7.jpeg

saw that one 2 days ago, fresh looking machine. He has a tx32 as well, saw her working, running lovely and smooth, came in from france. He has a fahr in the yard as well.
jb has it for a few days. the shaft that runs the unloading auger on his went wonky. something to do with the wobble box anyways. it ran well and not a grain in the swarth. if any man can put a combine throught its paces, jb is the man for it.

We are going to do the same job, they are riveted in so can't see it being done in situ.
We ended up taking off neck, removing sieves and grain pan baffles, treating ourselves to a set of geniune claas pre bored metal strips that clamp rubber, in with the battery grinder and cut rubber out sacrificing old strips from back and front, then used air riveter to replace rubber and new strips.......not a pleasant place to spend an hour, had been dieting since january in anticipation of this job....

We ended up taking off neck, removing sieves and grain pan baffles, treating ourselves to a set of geniune claas pre bored metal strips that clamp rubber, in with the battery grinder and cut rubber out sacrificing old strips from back and front, then used air riveter to replace rubber and new strips.......not a pleasant place to spend an hour, had been dieting since january in anticipation of this job....
We tried pulling it out the front, but would have needed the fan dropped to give enough room, once you know the order to do it not a bad job.

7 series I'm nearly sure. Gone's colleague runs an early 8 series.
Yeah a CX8030, a good combine, but runs into trouble on hilly ground or very heavy winter barley, on most things it will match the 6 walker, but in very heavy under ripe winter barley straw or on a bad side brow the 6 walker will run rings around it.

Back