Comeback with buying Springers

spongebob

I have bought a few spring calving cows of a man I dont know anything about,all I know is I like the cows and the man appears to be genuine, there home reared cattle, he is just changing system, getting out of sucklers apart from a few pure breds,which the cows I have bought are out of,they are suposedly incalf (not scanned as he never scans just run with bull all summer)to limousin bull which I saw,great bull, question is if say cows dont calf till June say or if 1 turns out to be empty were do I stand?🤔,should I ask him to scan them or scan wen I get them home,its a 2 hour journey, I dont not trust the man and dont want to suggest to him that i dont trust him ! The deal is done and I'm collecting them this weekend !

I have bought a few spring calving cows of a man I dont know anything about,all I know is I like the cows and the man appears to be genuine, there home reared cattle, he is just changing system, getting out of sucklers apart from a few pure breds,which the cows I have bought are out of,they are suposedly incalf (not scanned as he never scans just run with bull all summer)to limousin bull which I saw,great bull, question is if say cows dont calf till June say or if 1 turns out to be empty were do I stand?🤔,should I ask him to scan them or scan wen I get them home,its a 2 hour journey, I dont not trust the man and dont want to suggest to him that i dont trust him ! The deal is done and I'm collecting them this weekend !
Is he guaranteeing them in calf or is he just telling you that they ran with a bull and may be in calf? If its the latter, then you have no come back. If you have the deal done and now you want them scanned, you might have to pay the cost of scanning.

Is he guaranteeing them in calf or is he just telling you that they ran with a bull and may be in calf? If its the latter, then you have no come back. If you have the deal done and now you want them scanned, you might have to pay the cost of scanning.
Well he wud be guaranteeing them ,says they calved mid March to mid April last year but if he doesn't scan how can he be sure there all incalf !,I know I had a cow myself that was served by ai and I never seen repeating but wasnt incalf and didn't realise till it was coming near her time !🙈I usually dontbother scanning either,! I wud be 95% sure they are all incalf ,wudnt want to be buying anything that wudnt be calving till June either which has happened to, it's more for my piece of mind really 🤔,just dont like asking him to scan them now after deal is done!

Well he wud be guaranteeing them ,says they calved mid March to mid April last year but if he doesn't scan how can he be sure there all incalf !,I know I had a cow myself that was served by ai and I never seen repeating but wasnt incalf and didn't realise till it was coming near her time !🙈I usually dontbother scanning either,! I wud be 95% sure they are all incalf ,wudnt want to be buying anything that wudnt be calving till June either which has happened to, it's more for my piece of mind really 🤔,just dont like asking him to scan them now after deal is done!
Ask him is it okay to scan them in his yard

See if you scan them now it's not going to be accurate.
Yeah that's the thing too and I dont think he will like the idea of scanning them if there so far on,he told me on phone he doesn't scan as he scanned before and had abortions after, as far as i can tell the man is 100% and the cattle are all home reared but u just never know with the kinda cunts goin these days !

Stop beating about the bush. You want them calving next month or two, not in June. Only way to be sure is scan. If he won't allow I'd be walking away. Just running a bull with them is no guarantee. O know myself I wouldn't sell animals supposedly in calf with out known for sure. Piece of mind for me and the buyer

You are, in one of your posts yesterday. Not sure who you're referring to though.
I wasnt referring to any1 inparticular, I said as far as I can tell the man I'm dealing with is 100%,just saying in general there are some dodgy ones about !!...

I wasnt referring to any1 inparticular, I said as far as I can tell the man I'm dealing with is 100%,just saying in general there are some dodgy ones about !!...
If I was in your position and the man on the other side of the deal was annoyed at the thought of animals being scanned then I would have to walk away.
I'm all for honour and have completed plenty of business on just a handshake with very little hassle but there is no way he knows what is bulled or when they are calving

Back