Cost of reseeding per acre including seed

Did a few acres last year:

Costs per acre
Roundup biactive €26
Seed: €78
Lime: €54
Fertiliser €98
Post emergence spray €26
Contractor (spray off, spread lime, spread fert, disc 3 times, sow with one pass harrow drill, spray post emergence) €86

Total cost €368

All prices include VAT.

ground was hungry and soil tests indicated it needed all the lime and fert it got.

Did a few acres last year:

Costs per acre
Roundup biactive €26
Seed: €78
Lime: €54
Fertiliser €98
Post emergence spray €26
Contractor (spray off, spread lime, spread fert, disc 3 times, sow with one pass harrow drill, spray post emergence) €86

Total cost €368

All prices include VAT.

ground was hungry and soil tests indicated it needed all the lime and fert it got.

We would say around 300 to 350 , hire would be 150 and then it depends on how much you want to spend on seed

hmmm is this what ur on about tinny?

that id be the one alright,
i dont mind a genuine question, but a giant one of these on your first post or two is a bit much, if that's what it was.
nor would i wgree with the basis of the website.
it encourages price wars imo.

possibly, ive taken the whole thing up wrong, id hope so neway.

I needed this info because I've put a calculator together for average contractor costs and I didn't have enough information on this one and forum4farming is a good place to get it.
Can't see us encouraging a price war because farmers care too much about their land and livestock so serious farmers will always have an eye on quality also.
(There have always been people who only care about price of course - always will)

Rates for every service that I know of - building, insurance, hotels, car rental etc are available on the net so I don't think that farming is going to be any different whether we exist or not.
I mean - people are using this forum to find out about charges - is that causing a price war?

But if you want us off the site - fair enough - your call!

i'm thinking its lawn grass seed he sowed for the turf growing crowd
£7 a square meter if you want to buy it , and thats what hes looking for in compensation when they got to dig 1 of the fields up to put a cable through it

I needed this info because I've put a calculator together for average contractor costs and I didn't have enough information on this one and forum4farming is a good place to get it.
Can't see us encouraging a price war because farmers care too much about their land and livestock so serious farmers will always have an eye on quality also.
(There have always been people who only care about price of course - always will)

Rates for every service that I know of - building, insurance, hotels, car rental etc are available on the net so I don't think that farming is going to be any different whether we exist or not.
I mean - people are using this forum to find out about charges - is that causing a price war?

But if you want us off the site - fair enough - your call!

no no, fair play.
i looked at your site after and i seen you had a ready reckoner on it, so i figured it might be for that then.

i still dont know about the price bidding, i see your point, but there is also enuf fly by nights that are otherwise funded cumin in and making it hard for someone who rely's on it for a living and is fully legal is all.
but, with or without your web site its going to happen neway, so i guess it dont make a pile of difference one way or another.

as for wanting you off, naw.
from time to time we get crowds registering and immediatley posting a plug to their web site, never to post again, or maybe just to come back to bump it up.
it annoys me tbh, they will never contribute to the forum, the quantity and quality of the posts make the forum what it is, and someone just sticking their neck in from time to time isnt going to contribute much to that.

in reality, it id be nice if they sent a pm asking if we would mind them putting up a post with an advertisement, it dosent cost much and is only diplomacy imo.

the bark would be worse than the bite.:thumbup:

Back