Covid 19

No covid test centres in kildare with a population of 220k, hse and government are a joke, no inspections of meat processing plants which are known as hot spots throughout the world, the hse and government just switched off and f..ked off for their summer holidays and what's there reaction to a spike, shut everything down, but still no testing facilities in the county, incompetence of the highest order.

I think Leo and Simon may come back and run the show. Very little confidence in the new lads
Heard Martin on the radio yesterday evening, 5 minutes of waffle speech and still hadn't bloody said what he was up to so I switched off. Do they think we need an independence Day speech for every announcement. God it's getting old.

There must be something going on in these factories no way could 86 people test positive and all but 1 be asymptomatic, I'd say alot has to do with their terms and conditions, sick pay etc, i couldn't see those figures repeated in the public sector or multinationals.

There must be something going on in these factories no way could 86 people test positive and all but 1 be asymptomatic, I'd say alot has to do with their terms and conditions, sick pay etc, i couldn't see those figures repeated in the public sector or multinationals.
There was a story from Fermoy earlier in the year;
There had been a hotspot there related to a food factory so the Gardai called to a house(s) where foreign workers were living, the place was full of paracetamols.
They were taking them to keep their temperatures down in order to keep working.

They knew these were going to be hotspots and should have been tested earlier. It's kind of like the nursing home fiasco all over again. Late tackling it and then a shitstorm

to be fair them lads might ve a slightly tougher immune system. how else would they stick working for the like of goodman.

We may close her up again

I think that's a big over reaction, most of these cases are related to a number of workplaces, I assume the spike in cases is due to more rigorous testing in these factories too. As farmers it is not in our interest either to see these places closing down!

Even in our own county, there has been a large spike and that has been mainly caused by one small sector of society from what you would hear.

I think that's a big over reaction, most of these cases are related to a number of workplaces, I assume the spike in cases is due to more rigorous testing in these factories too. As farmers it is not in our interest either to see these places closing down!

Even in our own county, there has been a large spike and that has been mainly caused by one small sector of society from what you would hear.
Joking lad. I heard the shed painters were causing a spike alright

Siptu are meeting meat factory workers tomorrow. There is a good chance that they could go on strike for better conditions. If we see a prolonged shut down, we, the farmers, are going to be made pay the price for both the factory workers and factory owners.

Siptu are meeting meat factory workers tomorrow. There is a good chance that they could go on strike for better conditions. If we see a prolonged shut down, we, the farmers, are going to be made pay the price for both the factory workers and factory owners.

It's okay, they have pulled price in anticipation.

Many lads are very active selling way earlier than normal, as last year cost them so much not been able to get cattle killed.

Joking lad. I heard the shed painters were causing a spike alright

No worries, sorry if I came across too serious!!

I had several of them come in to the office last week. They had not received the back to school allowance letter (6th July it was sent out on). Why didn't ye come in sooner I asked. We were away on holidays. Where did ye go? Turkey boss. We flew from Belfast boss!

Not quite holidays is the rumour going around but a funeral outside of Ireland. We need more active monitoring of people at ports.

Going to pay for it already, quotes are dropping already.:no:

Workers wont care about farmers after last year.

Back