Covid 19

I can't for the life of me understand why off licences arent closed too, that will stop a huge amount of these house parties, there will still be a few alright but should cut out a lot of them.
Was made aware of a local shebeen recently, seemingly up to 100 patrons per night at weekends, am told the guards are aware but can't do a thing about it because you buy a ticket going in and money doesn't exchange hands for drink.
Even if this is true, surely bag a few boys leaving in the early hours and this would stop it soon enough or are the guards frequenting it too on their nights off, great little country this, I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine
Closing off licences will just send them to the supermarkets, even without drink they will still try to party, social media has a bit to answer as to how word of these events spread.

Went through the local village this evening. You would know the wet pubs are open and looking through the window into one of them, you would think social distance was 2cm not 2 meters:sad:

Went through the local village this evening. You would know the wet pubs are open and looking through the window into one of them, you would think social distance was 2cm not 2 meters:sad:

You'd swear it was more like Friday or Saturday night around here anyway....

Be interesting to see what paul reid ceo of the hse does with our wee county seeing as his living in a decent outbreak in carrick on shannon area. Still has very low overall numbers but hi as a percentage.

Nephew going for testing today. Would be very surprised if he has it. Local doctors seem to be sending everyone for testing

Be interesting to see what paul reid ceo of the hse does with our wee county seeing as his living in a decent outbreak in carrick on shannon area. Still has very low overall numbers but hi as a percentage.

There was a statement about it yesterday. It was published by the observer online. 15 in Carrick area electorate, 7 in Ballinamore area electorate and 5 in Manorhamilton. The carrick and ballinamore ones are all part of the one cluster that they feel is under control.

There was a statement about it yesterday. It was published by the observer online. 15 in Carrick area electorate, 7 in Ballinamore area electorate and 5 in Manorhamilton. The carrick and ballinamore ones are all part of the one cluster that they feel is under control.

Good if its coming under control..didnt know we had 7 thought " coy" was only one.
Ah sure lockdown didnt hit farmers the worst anyways , well used to social distancing anyways.
Hope the country can get a handle on it sooner rather than later

Good if its coming under control..didnt know we had 7 thought " coy" was only one.
Ah sure lockdown didnt hit farmers the worst anyways , well used to social distancing anyways.
Hope the country can get a handle on it sooner rather than later

Ballinamore ED begins just outside Leitrim Village so that area would account for 6 out of the 7 and the guy closer to you makes number 7,

Anyone know if face masks are mandatory in N.I. like in the south?
I've no problem if the are but don't want to walk into a shop and they think I'm going to rob them if they aren't used to seeing people wearing the protective masks.

Cant say for certain but was in enniskillen last wed morning.was signs up on shop doors saying wear your mask .most were wearing them in the shopping centre and up in asda.
Have it in your pocket just like if your were a young bull again and would miss out if ya had no cover

Yesterday and today a radio advertisment was run extolling the virtues of a visit to Leitrim and at the end the following comment..."This is a Government of Ireland initiative" ...:scratchhead:

Yesterday and today a radio advertisment was run extolling the virtues of a visit to Leitrim and at the end the following comment..."This is a Government of Ireland initiative" ...:scratchhead:

No dublin visiters wanted for now arthur, last ones we discovered shared more than we care for :cry:

Met my first drunk driver on my way home there now!!

I seen a local charecter standing outside the pub last night so I pulled up and offered him a lift. The gran vitara battery isnt the most reliable so I asked him to give him to give a push to get us going. Who do you think I am I wouldnt push the popemobile if it was stopped never mind anything else. I hadnt jumpleads with me so I had to get to get a few out of the pub to give me a push. When I got going I left him there to push himself home. :drunk:

When you hear about the town of Elphin on Local Radio and read about it in local papers, it is evident that some people need an individual total lockdown in order to protect themselves. Imagine having covid 19 symptoms and being sent for a test, and then while you are awaiting test results, you go into your Pub and serve customers who were attending a party at your bar. You can't really fix stupid!

Heard joe doing that interview mucky.is " stupid " even the right description of it.
It shows how much value or what he thought of his customers and people in general....he was in the pub for 40 mins. Id say his fellow publicans must be hopping mad with him also for jeopardising the whole opening of pubs

When you hear about the town of Elphin on Local Radio and read about it in local papers, it is evident that some people need an individual total lockdown in order to protect themselves. Imagine having covid 19 symptoms and being sent for a test, and then while you are awaiting test results, you go into your Pub and serve customers who were attending a party at your bar. You can't really fix stupid!

If what you say is true, very easy to solve that. A precedent already set in Dublin today with an objection gone in to a licence renewal against a well known bar there.

Story from over that country now from people i know was there was 150 in the pub sat night and the owners wife didnt follow guidelines on monday either.there expecting alot of cases cause the contacts arent confined to the pub only and its talked about a school being mixed up in the equation

Back