Covid 19

The vaccine hasn't been out 9 months yet so even the so called experts are afraid to recommend it. Especially if a pregnant woman gets a severe reaction.
Maybe its me, but if I was planning having a child with someone over the last 9 months, I would be holding off until the lady was vaccinated.

Maybe its me, but if I was planning having a child with someone over the last 9 months, I would be holding off until the lady was vaccinated.
I'd be waiting until there was a fair share of children born to vaccinated mothers before I made those kind of decisions, but maybe that's just me.

No one on here is mocking a 3rd level education only mocking those not mentioning any names who have it who think they are above those who haven't.
Now send for the IT/Guy!!

Why don't you name who thinks their educational status makes them better than those less educated than them?

I really hope I'm on your naughty list

Can we stop with the education insults lads. There is a dedicated thread for that. I was a thick cunt in school but a hard worker and I am where I am. I would love to turn back the clock and apply myself in school and get a good job with a clean shoe but that’s life. There could be young lads reading this not bothering there hole about school thinking farming or some other manual labour is the route for them and they’ll end up regretting it later. Lots of lads on here have lots of life experience and should be encouraging the benefit of a good education. I’m shocked that there are people on here mocking a third level education.
That's it in a nutshell. My attitude towards education has changed completely in the last 20 years. When I was in school I hated every minute of it and couldn't get out quick enough to go working. My teachers wanted me to go to college to study Ag Science, my parents knew I wouldn't do that and wanted me to take up a trade, I did neither. I did my year in Ag college, gave the following winter working for a builder, then bought a tractor and away I went. For the first few years I felt very assured of the genius of my plan as all my peers were earning a lot less money than I was, working in menial enough jobs to get themselves through college, even after they qualified they were on handy enough money for a while. By the time we got to 30 they had passed me out when it came to earning power and I have been left for dust since. I also know plenty of people who took up trades and worked hard and made good money, but if you go onto a building site in the middle of February in the cold and wet and ask any of them would they swap it for a warm dry office where they could earn 80k a year without getting their fingernails dirty they'd all give you the same answer. Yes the world will always need plumbers and electricians and farmers and tractor drivers, and they will always be there as some people just aren't cut out for academia and that's alright too, they're neither more nor less important than anyone else, or no better or worse, nobody making the argument in favour of education has suggested education and intelligence are the same thing. The whole point of the argument is that a good education is the easiest path to a well paid career with as little physical hardship as possible, which is surely the whole point, and any attempt to advise any young person to the contrary is misguided at best. If they have a love for farming or carpentry or shipbuilding or baking cakes or whatever it is that takes their fancy then get as good a job as possible that gives them as much time off and disposable income as they need to indulge in whatever floats their boat as a hobby. That would be my advice and my opinion, and that's all it is, it's an opinion not a diktat.

Last edited:
I have a nephew who was lazy enough re education when he was around 16 or 17.
He got a job one summer in the construction industry. Early mornings, long days, heavy lifting and out in all weather,
To this day he says it was the best thing he ever did, he knuckled down at the books, got a good leaving, and starts his first teaching job in September.

Doesn't matter what job or money or education one has .the most important thing is that people are happy at whatever career path they take and have enough financially to get by.
Alot of people are obsessed by qualification , jobs education and money.
Health and happiness are the 2 most important things in life cause without them you have nathing

Attitude, Aptitude, work ethic and people skills trump all education for me. You can’t teach those things but you can teach everything else ☝️

Youngest made his confirmation last August. We bought a pair of jeans in St Vincent de Paul for 4 euro and a t shirt from Penney's. He never wears jeans and spent most of the ceremony pulling at them. They went back to the Vincent de Paul after. A fortune is normally spent on the girls dress for communion and all the accessories that go with it
Our 2 made their communion in dresses they got from their cousins, and they have been passed on to do the same job again.
I have heard of these stories alright where svp were helping farm families, i suppose not all families has family to fall back on like some....

Just imagine the carnage in the hospitals and on family's now if vaccinations hadnt started.were higher in numbers now with a good swipe of the population partly and fully vaccinated.would be grim reading if the delta strain had to appear last August before vaccines rolled out.

I have heard of these stories alright where svp were helping farm families, i suppose not all families has family to fall back on like some....
Great they are there for those who need it. We bought the jeans in their store as they weren't going to be worn again, waste of big money for branded items. He got sports gear with the money we would have spent which was used alot

@Agri Power , we get very few complaints on here, but in the space of the past 6 days, 3 members have hit the report button regarding posts by yourself.
What exactly are you hoping to achieve here?

Back