Covid 19

Is this just more scaremongering. Sure the UK variant was going to be the worst then came along delta and the world was ending and now this one's. And then there will be the one that will come after this new one which will be the deadliest yet. They have people driven nuts with it all. People suffering mentally are in a awful way.
Just looking at the progression of this variant, it went from just showing up to dominating the transmission rates very quickly in areas where it has been found. And there's little information so far on whether any or all of the vaccines available are helpful in reducing rates of infection, transmission and hospitalisation from this variant.

Yes, people are suffering mentally but they are alive to suffer that.

Many, many more are dead.

Is this just more scaremongering. Sure the UK variant was going to be the worst then came along delta and the world was ending and now this one's. And then there will be the one that will come after this new one which will be the deadliest yet. They have people driven nuts with it all. People suffering mentally are in a awful way.
exactly switch the feckin tv and radio off and dont look at arseache or twatter etc

you'll sleep a lot better at nights

I was hoping I had it so as to gain immunity , two tests in the past week , both negative , herself was tired for two days but no symptoms other than that and while she didnt leave the property , she didnt isolate from us so we were exposed and will gain some immunity

kids wont be getting vaccinated , nor will they wear masks in school for that matter

Just looking at the progression of this variant, it went from just showing up to dominating the transmission rates very quickly in areas where it has been found. And there's little information so far on whether any or all of the vaccines available are helpful in reducing rates of infection, transmission and hospitalisation from this variant.

Yes, people are suffering mentally but they are alive to suffer that.

Many, many more are dead.

I have a relative who works as a Psychologist and Councilor for the HSE. They have been working right through this pandemic. Initially, they were working with clients who were greatly impacted by the isolation of the lockdown and a lot of their job was to develop coping mechanisms. They reckon that many people with mental health issues learned to cope in the emergency situation and are in quite a stable position even if they aren't able to get the level of professional medical help that they were getting before this.

But this last 6 months has been a real eye opener. A huge proportion of new referrals are those that contracted covid and many of the people that have been diagnosed with "long-covid" are in dire straights. People not able to get out of bed due to fatigue, people developing a stammer in their speech which shatters their confidence, people not well enough to return to work and developing depression, not able to sleep, dizzyness, poor memory and concentration and a long list of other issues. My relation has had first hand experience of clients with long covid taking their own lives, and several clients that attempted suicide. Professional people, educated people. People that have businesses that financially thrived during covid, but they just lost interest after recovering from the initial covid infection. It's a really difficult situation and it is becoming more and more difficult

I was hoping I had it so as to gain immunity , two tests in the past week , both negative , herself was tired for two days but no symptoms other than that and while she didnt leave the property , she didnt isolate from us so we were exposed and will gain some immunity

kids wont be getting vaccinated , nor will they wear masks in school for that matter
I think shortly kids Won’t have a choice if they want to attend school

doesnt change the fact that 99% plus survive
Why do you keep referring back to the survival rate, when you know I was referring to Muckys post, here it is again for you

I have a relative who works as a Psychologist and Councilor for the HSE. They have been working right through this pandemic. Initially, they were working with clients who were greatly impacted by the isolation of the lockdown and a lot of their job was to develop coping mechanisms. They reckon that many people with mental health issues learned to cope in the emergency situation and are in quite a stable position even if they aren't able to get the level of professional medical help that they were getting before this.

But this last 6 months has been a real eye opener. A huge proportion of new referrals are those that contracted covid and many of the people that have been diagnosed with "long-covid" are in dire straights. People not able to get out of bed due to fatigue, people developing a stammer in their speech which shatters their confidence, people not well enough to return to work and developing depression, not able to sleep, dizzyness, poor memory and concentration and a long list of other issues. My relation has had first hand experience of clients with long covid taking their own lives, and several clients that attempted suicide. Professional people, educated people. People that have businesses that financially thrived during covid, but they just lost interest after recovering from the initial covid infection. It's a really difficult situation and it is becoming more and more difficult

Why do you keep referring back to the survival rate, when you know I was referring to Muckys post, here it is again for you
because " hard cases make bad policy "

we can all point to isolated cases and not just with covid , People of all ages die all the time or suffer long term effects from various conditions , does not change the reality of the broader picture

" nearly kill the rest of the household "

get a grip !
Our 9yo wears a mask in shops and public places freely by her own choice and when heard yesterday's news re masks said if it ment not getting sick or granny or grandad being sick both of which she would have regular contact with she would wear one in school also. That's life now unfortunately and kids are growing up with it and younger ones know no different. So would you prefer to close schools for 2 months and home school or kids wear a mask?

Our 9yo wears a mask in shops and public places freely by her own choice and when heard yesterday's news re masks said if it ment not getting sick or granny or grandad being sick both of which she would have regular contact with she would wear one in school also. That's life now unfortunately and kids are growing up with it and younger ones know no different. So would you prefer to close schools for 2 months and home school or kids wear a mask?
none of the above

Back