Covid 19

But if you let covid run rampant you risk it mutating into a strain that is a lot more dangerous as s happening at the moment.
There's nothing yet to say this new strain is more dangerous, it has potential, but other potentially more dangerous strains fizzled out.

From a pure epidemiology perspective if you let a virus run free it will burn itself out.

Lord knows how many people will be dead but no one who's left will need to wear a mask so it'll all have been worth it

Wow that was quick almost like it's a planned roll out.
But hey that's antivax talk so i better not let any sheepish types get triggered.

Issue with loads of vaccines is that equates to loads of variants, nature's trying to stay ahead of the curve and on most occurrences whoops our ass's.

Have a lad who helps out occasionally here. Texted him Friday to help today. He Texted on Saturday to say they had tested positive on antigen tests, so pcr tests booked for yesterday. They all came back negative. His parents had tested positive last week as their grand daughter had picked covid up in her creche

Last edited:
Have a lad who helps out occasionally here. Texted him Friday to help today. He Texted on Saturday to say they had tested positive on antigen tests, so pcr tests booked for yesterday. They all came back negative. His parents had tested positive last week as their grand daughter had picked covid up in her creche
Je he's real caught in no man's land now if he's a close contact with his parents.

Looks like our poor innocent kids will hav to be masked up as there such a menace to the vaccinated. Personally it disgusts me how all is being conditioned in to getting them lined up to be vaccinated against something that has no effect on them. What have we become.

Looks like our poor innocent kids will hav to be masked up as there such a menace to the vaccinated. Personally it disgusts me how all is being conditioned in to getting them lined up to be vaccinated against something that has no effect on them. What have we become.
Mask them up for the winter and maybe pressure them into taking a very questionable vaccine.
Selfish and short sighted at best.
Cant they surely figure out who has weak immune systems and offer it to them if they want it.

I don't have kids yet so maybe I don't quite understand but what exactly is so bad about asking a kid of 8 up to wear a mask for just say the next 3 months in school etc to see if that makes any difference, schools have been rampant, I've 3 family members teaching. People that are anti(anything) are usually the all questions no answers type, I get being hesitant about not wanting to jab a kid who hasn't the ability to consent but wearing a mask is a pretty small ask really. Generally kids like to be treated like an adult and when almost every adult is wearing one I doubt they will be too upset about it. I'm 34, luckily my biggest health problem in life so far has been a bit of a bad cold, I don't think covid will have a big impact on me if I get it so should I have just not bothered getting the vacine either? I wasn't in a rush to get it from my own health perspective but I saw how ill it made one of my parents so I'm under no illusions about its seriousness to a large portion of the population so if me getting it might help control it then I'll take the chance. The anti crowd are so obsessed with covid they don't seem to realise that hospitals are there for other treatments too and people aren't able to avail of them at the moment because they are over run, being a healthy person I'd be more worried about not being able to get seen now if something did happen me than catching covid but both are intertwined.

I asked my three kids in primary school if they'd mind wearing masks in school if they had to and they all said they wouldn't mind at all. More and more kids are wearing them in school every day now anyway as the number of covid cases in school increases. It might be part of the new normal for a while.

National school is where the spreading is happening now,so mask wearing makes sense.in fairness it wasn't mentioned before this.
Vaccinating them though requires a lot more discussion though,I would be nervous about it even though my two secondary school lads have it got and ones only in first year.
Our cleaners teenager was quite sick lately with COVID as by was a local footballer.
A large family in the next county have lost their mother and both the father and a fit forty year old son are in intensive care with it.the family didn't get the vaccine .
That was their choice I guess .

Its the teachers unions that have pushed for mask wearing among primary school children. Not the government. Considering that a huge proportion of teachers are young females, they have a high pregnancy rate. It is scientific fact that covid infection has killed unborn babies - not only in Ireland, but across the world. For a teacher, being in a classroom for 5 hours a day with 30 children who may have covid and show no symptoms, a mask on each child offers a small bit of extra protection. As a parent who is concerned about the education and development of my children, I'd rather see them in school with masks than at home trying to learn from an online platform.

A local enough school has only 40 % attendance at the minute with almost one full room at home.school asked the dept could they send the few home that was left and start on line as their is only a handful and as it would be easier to teach all together as online.a full weeks work or more will have to be caught up on for the majority.
Dept said no.... .
Christmas holidays cant come quick enough for the dept and the government

there is almost full attendance in our school and why cant we use common sense, if there is a bad outbreak in a given school, close it for a set period. the blanket country wide approach to everything is not the answer

Children sitting n a classroom with windows and door open in winter what else would there be only sickness. Mask on children till middle of January I could deal with but by then ‘cases’ will hav increased an bang is vaccination of all u12s. Same as masks for over 12s and vaccinations. an hey ho were still goin around masked up ‘cases’ and sickness never as bad. Show me proof of masks being effective for kids.

As for unions alot of them only spokespersons for the government or company they represent. An I pay into a union every wk.

Children sitting n a classroom with windows and door open in winter what else would there be only sickness. Mask on children till middle of January I could deal with but by then ‘cases’ will hav increased an bang is vaccination of all u12s. Same as masks for over 12s and vaccinations. an hey ho were still goin around masked up ‘cases’ and sickness never as bad. Show me proof of masks being effective for kids.

As for unions alot of them only spokespersons for the government or company they represent. An I pay into a union every wk.
Masks are effective for everybody. I have a friend who is an paramedic and he can't get the vaccine for medical reasons. He has worked away through all of this pandemic using ppe which includes masks. He has not contracted covid. His ambulance buddy was vaccinated and not as careful with ppe and contracted covid. What more evidence do you want to see that masks work? There is plenty of scientific evidence out there to prove that masks work. But there's no point in showing it to you if you don't believe that science is there to help us. Only the sheep trust science. The rest follow the science of gemma and john.

Back