Covid 19

It doesn't stop you getting it and it doesn't stop you passing it on. There is that much of it out there, we are getting regular boosters as it is. And the new vaccine that is out has the old strain in it that is no longer out in the wild so to speak.

By the time it has filtered down to my age group I'd say the vaccine will protect against nothing with new strains emerging all the time.

With the recent uptick in cases, the pool of those who could get the vaccine will be decreasing again too.

But might prevent you getting it and passing the full blown version on.
A fair bit of might there , the vaccine was over hyped to say the least, to think a little over a year ago many people supported the masking of primary school children and some even brought their primary school kids for a vaccine

The virus might still be out and about but the drama is over for the vast majority of the population

I'm clearly a slow learner, taken me three years to get it! The advantage of waiting this long is it seems most of the wind is gone out of it.

Have had far worse doses of the dreaded man-flu.

A bit achy and flat yesterday, temperature and crazy dreams last night and a bit achy today. Coughed a few times today. But of a sickener with the timing but could be a lot worse off.

I'm clearly a slow learner, taken me three years to get it! The advantage of waiting this long is it seems most of the wind is gone out of it.

Have had far worse doses of the dreaded man-flu.

A bit achy and flat yesterday, temperature and crazy dreams last night and a bit achy today. Coughed a few times today. But of a sickener with the timing but could be a lot worse off.
I haven't had it myself either, fully expect to have it in a few days after the nights out over Christmas and given how much of it is around.

I'll tell you something weird, was on a stag afew weeks ago, by chance we met another stag that we knew. All their group got COVID and one of ours did. Group of 12.

I'll tell you something weird, was on a stag afew weeks ago, by chance we met another stag that we knew. All their group got COVID and one of ours did. Group of 12.
I was out the week before Christmas, 4 of us, in each others company the whole night except 10 mins at start when 2 of the lads were talking to another group. Those two got it and me and the other lad didn't.

It’s official Covid 19 is over, my wife got a medal today to prove it.
View attachment 117357
In fairness to your wife and any other people working in hospital setting they should be getting a lot more than a coin!
It was a scary prospect at the start and so little known about it. They went in and had to face it, most of us got to stay at home and weren't affected by it first hand.

Showed that to the wife, not impressed that is how they are spending money with the problems in the health service.
Damned if you do damned if you don't.

I think it would be a good idea to build one or two hospitals that do elective surgery only. Hospitals getting overcrowded due to a+e admissions and cancelling surgerys just leads to a snowball effect. Every hospital appointment should have a charge, even if it is nominal. Say 10 or 20 , the amount of no shows is incredible. The mother went to one of the free checks, and the nurse told here that they now double book every time because of no shows. It was raining that day and the nurse said maybe a quarter of the people booked in will show up. That's cronic

see the hse is blowing about freeing up over 400 bed spaces yesterday by discharging patients to free up the trolley crisses, it would be an excellent achievement provided the patients are well enough to be let out and not for the sake on making figures look better and that those that were discharged that they won't have to be re admitted

Back