Covid 19

Are most hospital campuses now not smoke free? In drogheda they can't even smoke at the doors of the hospital they have to be outside the gates. Edited to say the man who fixes punctures here smokes 60 major a day. He gave them up a few months ago and was smoking yesterday when he was here. I asked him what the story was and he said he was never as sick as when he gave them up, chest infection after chest infection. He reckons smokers dont get covid as bad as others

Are most hospital campuses now not smoke free? In drogheda they can't even smoke at the doors of the hospital they have to be outside the gates. Edited to say the man who fixes punctures here smokes 60 major a day. He gave them up a few months ago and was smoking yesterday when he was here. I asked him what the story was and he said he was never as sick as when he gave them up, chest infection after chest infection. He reckons smokers dont get covid as bad as others
His chest infections were his body trying to cough up wheelbarrows of tar from his lungs and trying to repair themselves. He has just put them back into submission again.

I was up at the Mater Private the other day and there was a lot of poor people there . First time I ever saw people in their dressing gowns out on the steps smoking. I know there is a pandemic on and we all have to make sacrifices but I do not pay for the VHI Barley Baron special to have a “Do you know what I mean “ asking me for a light.

You must be paying your chauffeur too well.

Spoke with my ai man today. He tested positive on 28th December, all his family got it. Even his 1 year old twin grandkids. He didn't look the better of it.

I don't smoke myself but the bull shite of people not been able to go outside on hospital grounds to smoke a cigarette is a bit unfair. Are their taxes not been funneled into the HSE same as as non smokers?. And to anyone saying it's unsightly, look away.

I don't smoke myself but the bull shite of people not been able to go outside on hospital grounds to smoke a cigarette is a bit unfair. Are their taxes not been funneled into the HSE same as as non smokers?. And to anyone saying it's unsightly, look away.
They are at the doors of the cuh anyway!

Cant agree to that, how many of these smokers are clogging up the health system with illnesses that would not exist if they hadn't smoked.

Cant agree to that, how many of these smokers are clogging up the health system with illnesses that would not exist if they hadn't smoked.
I agree to a point but their going to smoke anyway and it's a bit discriminatory telling them to stand out on the public footpath in the spills of rain while a junky or prison convict gets all the attention and they paying zero tax. In todays namby pamby world of snowflakes and everyone getting all upset over the least little comment made about skin colour or religion or any other multitude of stupid things I personally think smokers are very deliberately been singled out and made look like fools or lesser humans because god above they enjoy a fag paid for with hard earned money.
This isn't a rant or anything at you nash but I do feel sorry for folks been singled out and made stand in the corner so to speak because they don't conform.

I am not a smoker.
Smokers die younger and spend no more time in hospital, in total.
They cost the country no more in hospital bills than non smokers and save the country a fortune in pension and nursing home bills.
Smokers pay way more tax than non smokers
I am not advocating smoking, but this bullshit that they cost the country a fortune is wrong.

Or maybe not, maybe he meant it, maybe he didn't.

They need to stop leaking and doing interviews and go back to formal statements.

Because they seem to just say the first thing that comes to mind half the time
Aye getting annoying at this stage, leaks left ,right and centre. Figure still high etc. Nearly a year in lockdown now

Or maybe not, maybe he meant it, maybe he didn't.

They need to stop leaking and doing interviews and go back to formal statements.

Because they seem to just say the first thing that comes to mind half the time
Leak a bit of a press release and see what the public reaction is then tailor the official response to somewhere in the middle ground.

See we have the Brazilian strain landed now.so much for telling people to stay at home and little pricks of finds and expecting people to isolate when arriving into the country.pure nonsense.should be nobody in or out bar commercial goods / cargo

Leak a bit of a press release and see what the public reaction is then tailor the official response to somewhere in the middle ground.

No it's only politics between Fianna Fail and Fine Gael. They are only interested in what the opinion polls say.

Down the M8 from Cahir to Cork and back and around Clonmel today traffic wasn't far off a normal day I think. The the idiots had the had the motorway coned off at the Glanmire exit diverting traffic up the slip road only for nobody to be there and back down the entry slip.

Back