Covid 19

You don't get appointments atm for testing. All centres are walking centres until the computer system is fixed. Brother was tested on Saturday and had results within 24 hours. My dadvus due to have an angiogram tomorrow. We assume that won't go ahead

Last edited:
Anyone got suggestions for vaccine choice
Johnson and Johson, Astra, or wait for Pfizer Moderna

Or all they all much of a muchness?

In my case it was AZ or nothing, felt a bit queasy next day but fine otherwise, neighbour got it yesterday and is well under the weather. My biggest issue would be will it fight off upcoming variants of covid.

In my case it was AZ or nothing, felt a bit queasy next day but fine otherwise, neighbour got it yesterday and is well under the weather. My biggest issue would be will it fight off upcoming variants of covid.
Doubtful it will against the now becoming dominate Indian variant. They won't tell us that even if they know??as many wouldn't bother with vaccination for the time being & instead wait & see.

Enjoy our limited freedom's for now folks,as next autumn into early winter will more than raise our eyebrows i believe.

Even if the vaccines let through the variants you are unlikely to be hospitalised or die . When numbers are low track and trace and isolate . They have stopped screening in nursing homes the numbers are so low. I was talking to the ESB meter reader and he reckons there are lots of shebeens around the place and most pubs will not be viable going forward. I think shops are disappointed with the level of sales.

Doubtful it will against the now becoming dominate Indian variant. They won't tell us that even if they know??as many wouldn't bother with vaccination for the time being & instead wait & see.

Enjoy our limited freedom's for now folks,as next autumn into early winter will more than raise our eyebrows i believe.
Well the Indians are one of the biggest manufacturers of AZ and they're not exporting any of it right now so they have faith in it.

Was talking to a local girl ( in her 40s) yesterday. I knew she was very ill and heard it wasn't covid. She's convinced she had it and tested negative 3 times including 1 very detailed test.

Back