Covid 19

Mine was done at a GP health centre, fairly big, but I was 10 mins ahead of my allotted time. Was told I couldn’t go in until I was within 5mins of my time. Had to wander around the car park.
to be fair very efficient once inside, straight into doctor within a minute.

The vaccine centres aren't that bothered about the time as long as its the correct day!

That seems the case in Carlow too, i arrived 30 minutes early and went straight in. Got the feeling once correct day and you have a little excuse lined up (car puncture ) if asked you will be safe enough .

I know someone who died 2 weeks ago after a 6 week battle with pneumonia following covid. Aged only 38 years. No underlying health conditions. Very much a covid denier. Had a party in their house back at the end of April for another family member. Over 100 people in and out. 45 people from the one housing estate contracted covid as a result of the party. This person died on a Tuesday and their mother died from covid complications on the next Thursday. I'm surprised that there hasn't been anything about it in the media. It still time to be very cautious.

I know someone who died 2 weeks ago after a 6 week battle with pneumonia following covid. Aged only 38 years. No underlying health conditions. Very much a covid denier. Had a party in their house back at the end of April for another family member. Over 100 people in and out. 45 people from the one housing estate contracted covid as a result of the party. This person died on a Tuesday and their mother died from covid complications on the next Thursday. I'm surprised that there hasn't been anything about it in the media. It still time to be very cautious.
Not too sorry to be heading for my second jab on Saturday after reading that!

My sister is 50 on Friday. Some of us are half vaccinated, some are fully and some have none. Other sister who has ms, organised drinks at a hotel in Dublin, I couldn't roll my eyes far enough when I heard. You'd wonder what goes through people's heads when organising these things.

My sister is 50 on Friday. Some of us are half vaccinated, some are fully and some have none. Other sister who has ms, organised drinks at a hotel in Dublin, I couldn't roll my eyes far enough when I heard. You'd wonder what goes through people's heads when organising these things.
Just think of the cold draught Heineken in a proper pint glass, I bet you'll be there with bells on :drunk:

Behaviour that’s Hard to fathom. And yet there has been plenty of that going on. High price paid there.

Wife and myself got our 2nd shot on last Friday in our doctors . Pfizer.
Only side effect I had was the injection site was wicked sore on Monday and Tuesday .
Same here, 48 hrs of a very tender arm. Not a bother after that.

One of the coaches at the athletics club we're in refuses to fill out the mandatory covid form supplied by athletics Ireland each week. He's in his 40s and turns up each week and a big song and dance about it. Ffs just fill in the bloody form. The other coaches are so fed up of him now. So much hassle.

One of the coaches at the athletics club we're in refuses to fill out the mandatory covid form supplied by athletics Ireland each week. He's in his 40s and turns up each week and a big song and dance about it. Ffs just fill in the bloody form. The other coaches are so fed up of him now. So much hassle.

It's hard for me to understand some people's logic. Maybe I'm sheltered or something.
I understand that people don't want to be controlled by the government. They are afraid that they will lose their freedom etc. etc. I understand that people are afraid of the unknown and untested vaccine. It's perfectly natural for people to fear it.

What I don't get is why some people would choose to put the health and lives of other people at risk. I think it has been very well established at this stage that Covid is real. I have friends who are nurses and a doctor wo have worked in Covid wards in hospitals as well as friends and relations working in the National Ambulance Service - lives are scarred from what they have seen as a result of covid. Nobody is wearing masks, socially isolating, getting vaccines, washing their hands or filling out covid forms for their own personal benefit. It's all for the benefit of society in general.

Back