Covid 19

Not much about climate change out their either.

We may send out eamon when hes finished in China

Was talking to a lad at the sidelines last Thursday during a game. He was telling me his parents were visiting Friday for the first time in 18 months. He texted me Monday he's a close contact . He got tested on Monday. Clear result yesterday. I was worried until he texted me the result.

I'd rarely argue with herself mainly because I got sick of losing. But my older sister called during the week with my niece and announced she wasn't letting her get the vaccine because 'there's people worried about their daughters fertility down the line'. I was taken aback with that but gobsmacked when my wife agreed with her.

After a few minutes of asking what studies showed a risk to fertility greater than the risk of the virus and why weren't they concerned about a risk to their sons fertility, it turns out this is coming from their hairdressers.

FFS!

Anyway, went for a walk with my daughter this evening and she's already decided to get the vaccine but not till later in the week as there's a 24 hour ban on matches after the vaccine.

Thank god there's 1 sensible female in the family. This whole resistance to vaccines has me thinking this society can't last much longer, taking medical advice from hairdressers. Jaysus!

Sorry about the rant, needed to get that off my chest.

I'd rarely argue with herself mainly because I got sick of losing. But my older sister called during the week with my niece and announced she wasn't letting her get the vaccine because 'there's people worried about their daughters fertility down the line'. I was taken aback with that but gobsmacked when my wife agreed with her.

After a few minutes of asking what studies showed a risk to fertility greater than the risk of the virus and why weren't they concerned about a risk to their sons fertility, it turns out this is coming from their hairdressers.

FFS!

Anyway, went for a walk with my daughter this evening and she's already decided to get the vaccine but not till later in the week as there's a 24 hour ban on matches after the vaccine.

Thank god there's 1 sensible female in the family. This whole resistance to vaccines has me thinking this society can't last much longer, taking medical advice from hairdressers. Jaysus!

Sorry about the rant, needed to get that off my chest.
I'm not anti-vaccine by any stretch of the imagination but I would have serious reservations about deciding whether or not to permit the children in my care to have it administered to them. There are no studies to prove there are long-term side affects, there are no studies to prove there are no long-term side affects. The mass vaccination of entire populations with relatively unproven drugs is unprecedented in history. I haven't set foot in a hairdressers for 25 years or a barbers for 2, and I'm not on Facebook. I don't like the narrative that puts all those who don't comply in the looney category. There are plenty of examples in history of substances that were deemed to be perfectly safe and sadly turned out to be harmful to many.

I found out there is advice against playing any sport for 24 hours after the vaccine about 15 minutes after playing a junior football championship game on the same evening as receiving mine.

It didn't kill me but it is the only Reason I can think why I didn't put in one of my usual all star worthy performances :lol:

Youngest got his vaccine at 12 yesterday . He played terrible in a game last night. Nothing was said about not playing sports but it might be in the leaflet that's still in the car

We have decided that for the moment, we are opting out of the injections. We are still of child bearing age and feel that there are a lot of unknowns with regard to the various injections on offer. The evidence is widely varying as the efficacy of the injections also.

I'm fully respectful of others medical decisions, everyone has to make a decision based on what they feel is best for them and others.

It is not an easy decision to make even for people with a lot of information. One of the the daughters worked for six years developing vaccines for Weils disease and also on psudemonas . She got the vaccine but is on the fence about giving it to children.
There is another condition that old people get doing the rounds and people are starting to blame it on the vaccine. If I mentioned the condition every one would know someone with it and they also would have been vaccinated.
I think it is important to study people that do not get COVID.

I'm not anti-vaccine by any stretch of the imagination but I would have serious reservations about deciding whether or not to permit the children in my care to have it administered to them. There are no studies to prove there are long-term side affects, there are no studies to prove there are no long-term side affects. The mass vaccination of entire populations with relatively unproven drugs is unprecedented in history. I haven't set foot in a hairdressers for 25 years or a barbers for 2, and I'm not on Facebook. I don't like the narrative that puts all those who don't comply in the looney category. There are plenty of examples in history of substances that were deemed to be perfectly safe and sadly turned out to be harmful to many.
I have reservations myself and I'd be in a high risk group.

But, as members of a society, we also have obligations to others in society who would be adversely effected by our decisions. I'm still socially isolating but I'm a member of a small high risk group who meets occasionally in different sheds around on our farms for a chat. Just to stay in contact with that small group, there's a moral obligation on each member to get the vaccine to reduce risk to the others in the group especially one undergoing treatment for cancer.

On long term side effects, a much higher risk of death from not getting the vaccine would also be up there, wouldn't it?

As to mass vaccinations of entire populations with unproven drugs being unsafe, well nothing exists without risk. Polio is a disease of the past after being treating populations with unproven drugs. Most of the components used in the vaccines have years and decades of use in other vaccines with no apparent difficulties with their use. The use of mRNA in the vaccine would be the novel component in the vaccine and the body id going to get exposed to that once a person is infected anyway.

There's been 2 decades of research into human immunity against coronaviruses since the first appearance of SARS and then the appearance of MERS over a decade ago but funding dried up over time as the relative importance of the virus was judged to be decreasing.

Those resisting the virus are a varied bunch and there's definitely a large proportion of loons in there, the British government seeking herd immunity would definitely be up there anyway. :whistle:

I have reservations myself and I'd be in a high risk group.

But, as members of a society, we also have obligations to others in society who would be adversely effected by our decisions. I'm still socially isolating but I'm a member of a small high risk group who meets occasionally in different sheds around on our farms for a chat. Just to stay in contact with that small group, there's a moral obligation on each member to get the vaccine to reduce risk to the others in the group especially one undergoing treatment for cancer.

On long term side effects, a much higher risk of death from not getting the vaccine would also be up there, wouldn't it?

As to mass vaccinations of entire populations with unproven drugs being unsafe, well nothing exists without risk. Polio is a disease of the past after being treating populations with unproven drugs. Most of the components used in the vaccines have years and decades of use in other vaccines with no apparent difficulties with their use. The use of mRNA in the vaccine would be the novel component in the vaccine and the body id going to get exposed to that once a person is infected anyway.

There's been 2 decades of research into human immunity against coronaviruses since the first appearance of SARS and then the appearance of MERS over a decade ago but funding dried up over time as the relative importance of the virus was judged to be decreasing.

Those resisting the virus are a varied bunch and there's definitely a large proportion of loons in there, the British government seeking herd immunity would definitely be up there anyway. :whistle:
How does you being vaccinated protect the others. I thought the vaccine only protected the person that has the vaccine, the person with the vaccine can still get covid and spread it to another person, or am I missing something :confused:

You can’t spread it if you don’t get it, vaccines came about primarily to prevent transmission. So if a vaccine has 90% efficacy, that means only 10 in a hundred vaccinated will potentially get the virus. It’s also not proven that vaccinated people spread the virus if they catch it, there’s still not enough hard data on this point

Also the less people who get it and spread it the less chance of a new more deadly variant.

so by being vaccinated you protect other people by reducing virus spread rate and transmission and by slowing down virus evolution

Last edited:
Was spreading lime in a place this week where both parents in their 60's tested positive early in the week, both are fully vaccinated, their children are also vaccinated and are isolating as close contacts. Only spoke to the fella I was spreading for on the phone, got directions for the fields he wanted spread and told him to have all the gates open etc.

British Medical Journal….

The latest results from the UK’s national covid-19 infection survey show that having two vaccine doses remains the most effective way to ensure protection against delta. But, although people who are fully vaccinated have a lower risk of becoming infected, those infected with the delta variant can carry similar virus levels as unvaccinated people, the data show. The authors said the implications for transmission were not yet clear but suggested that the potential for fully vaccinated individuals to transmit the virus to others would make achieving herd immunity more of a challenge.

Sarah Walker, professor of medical statistics and epidemiology at the University of Oxford and chief investigator of the UK’s national covid-19 infection survey, said, “We don’t yet know how much transmission can happen from people who get covid-19 after being vaccinated—for example, they may have high levels of virus for shorter periods of time.

“But the fact that they can have high levels of virus suggests that people who aren’t yet vaccinated may not be as protected from the delta variant as we hoped. This means it is essential for as many people as possible to get vaccinated—both in the UK and worldwide.”

I see Tom Pememberton posted a video this morning to update that he and his wife have tested positive.

I had not realised that the UK vaccination programme was a good bit behind the Irish one.

From stuff he said in recent videos with stags, weddings etc it is not much of a surprise!

I see Tom Pememberton posted a video this morning to update that he and his wife have tested positive.

I had not realised that the UK vaccination programme was a good bit behind the Irish one.

From stuff he said in recent videos with stags, weddings etc it is not much of a surprise!

I saw the "ad" for that video.
In Westport last night , and it was like a cattle Mart . No surprise that numbers are escalating.

Back