Covid 19

Just got a message from the creche late last night that a child in the preschool room that both ours are in , is positive.
Keeping them at home today til we hear more.manager is to seek advice from hse.
Cousin is principle in the national school beside it and he's seeking guidance from hse since last Tuesday after a few positives.2 classes , 2 teachers and a SNA all at home.he hasn't had a reply to any of his questions.
Ahh I could send the buck hedging for the day and herself could to the herding and I could watch Peppa pig . Hardly be that lucky with the first two.

My brother's 2 kids were tested last week. 7th test for young lad. Negative again. I was asking him how do they cope with work and kids being off. He just said , it's very stressful....

My brother's 2 kids were tested last week. 7th test for young lad. Negative again. I was asking him how do they cope with work and kids being off. He just said , it's very stressful....

Why do they keep testing the child ?

You could go on testing and reach a hundred tests within a number of years.

We have to learn to live with this thing .

Madness in terms of school policy

We'll have a generation of kids with their nerves shattered

It's not school policy, it is Department of Education policy.

If that child did happen to have the virus and it lead to a spreader event, it would be a very different story. But this is only September and like last year I would be concerned that testing capabilities will be stretched very quickly again.

If that child did happen to have the virus and it lead to a spreader event, it would be a very different story. But this is only September and like last year I would be concerned that testing capabilities will be stretched very quickly again.

School policy is short hand for dept of education policy.

" spreader event "

More covid lingo

Many of the people who have or are the cause of others getting it never get tested ,let alone end up in hospital, they could be completely unaware they even have it yet for whatever reason, be hugely contagious

Bailing out Atlantic with a bucket

Last edited:
School won't take him if he has symptoms, without a test. He gets hayfever. The rest of his family tested positive in the spring and he still tested negative.

It sounds like the child has symptoms which meet the criteria of conditions other than covid.

Our three year old is at home today, cough , other half wouldn't let her go to pre school

Could be just a change in the weather

Madness in terms of school policy

We'll have a generation of kids with their nerves shattered
Well I don't think I'd be keen to let ours into school if they came home telling us that Johnny was coughing and spluttering every day without knowing for sure it wasn't covid, its much better than schools closed again, parents shurly wouldn't be happy then

If the advice was that if there is a positive or a close contact to stay at home it would be grand but they want all schools to remain open as if nothing goes on..
That advice was given to a family in a school in above post.now there is 22 children at home having to be kept at home and parents having to re organise where if the one family had to be told stay at home things wouldnt be as bad.
Not sure how our preschool group is going to be sorted.alls at home today til we hear more

Well I don't think I'd be keen to let ours into school if they came home telling us that Johnny was coughing and spluttering every day without knowing for sure it wasn't covid, its much better than schools closed again, parents shurly wouldn't be happy then

For all you know Jimmy is the biggest host rather than Johnny

If the advice was that if there is a positive or a close contact to stay at home it would be grand but they want all schools to remain open as if nothing goes on..
That advice was given to a family in a school in above post.now there is 22 children at home having to be kept at home and parents having to re organise where if the one family had to be told stay at home things wouldnt be as bad.
Not sure how our preschool group is going to be sorted.alls at home today til we hear more

Clearly someone Does not know the policy then.

If there is a positive, then the close contact child should stay at home until they have been tested. Any siblings also need to stay at home.

Unfortunately I've one nephew in creche who has been tested 4 times already because of this but his older siblings in primary school are escaping it all. It would make you wonder about the spread between age groups.

Our youngest is at home all last week because he's a close contact because the girl in front of him in school tested positive. Her father is very sick with it and her mother has just tested positive.

The girl sitting next to the positive child has just tested positive so all the class has to stay at home with remote learning.

The strange thing is our lad can go back to school in a day or two once todays test comes back negative because he's not deemed a close contact of the second girl testing positive in front of him? But the girl sitting next to him has to stay at home because she was a close contact of the first girl and the second girl? I'm lost as to what's going on there.

Our youngest is at home all last week because he's a close contact because the girl in front of him in school tested positive. Her father is very sick with it and her mother has just tested positive.

The girl sitting next to the positive child has just tested positive so all the class has to stay at home with remote learning.

The strange thing is our lad can go back to school in a day or two once todays test comes back negative because he's not deemed a close contact of the second girl testing positive in front of him? But the girl sitting next to him has to stay at home because she was a close contact of the first girl and the second girl? I'm lost as to what's going on there.
It's mad the whole lot.i wouldnt like the job of been a school principle at the minute

Anyone know if you can book 2 tests ahead for Thursday.herself tried to book online but it won't let it past tommorrow.seemingly the last contact with the child in creche was Monday of last week and we have to show the creche a copy of a clear test before they get back next monday

daughter's partner went to doc, with obvious ear infection, was sent for covid test,

both of them had stay off work pending result, which was (-)

I know we have to be cautious, but think we need to lighten up on unnecessary tests at this stage

Was that before the doctor saw your daughter's partner!!!!

Ridiculous.

Was that before the doctor saw your daughter's partner!!!!

Ridiculous.
After. As soon as as it was established he had a slightly raised temperature the doc kept a wide bearth and hardly examined him.

He had to go back after getting the test results for a prescription. Went to to the same practise but demanded to be seen by a different doctor.

After. As soon as as it was established he had a slightly raised temperature the doc kept a wide bearth and hardly examined him.

He had to go back after getting the test results for a prescription. Went to to the same practise but demanded to be seen by a different doctor.
Not playing down the covid-19 situation but some doctors have used this to shed their responsibility but still charge for their services over the phone.

An elderly relation was refused an appointment at their GP and as a result of delayed treatment, was hospitalised for weeks.

daughter's partner went to doc, with obvious ear infection, was sent for covid test,

both of them had stay off work pending result, which was (-)

I know we have to be cautious, but think we need to lighten up on unnecessary tests at this stage
Is he vaccinated?

we had two doses of tonsilitis last year with the kids. one was given her antibiotic over the phone but we were told to get a covid test before taking it as it would not be the right treatment for covid.

Second one the doctors surgery initially were saying covid test first until my wife pointed out he gets tonislitis about 3 times a year and she wanted a phone appointment at least, doctor was well pissed that reception was trying to send us for a test without consulting him.

Back