Covid 19

I'm back in work since Tuesday and so are 90% of my colleagues, what the heck have the teachers been upto for the last 2 weeks?, I'd expect more to catch it now they are back in the schools so it's not looking good for staying open!
@ts115 , was talking to a person that works in a dublin maternity hospital today, a very high percentage of teachers have chosen to remain vaccine free, but come in looking all the routine scans etc, they have noticed that the teaching profession is featuring alot more than other non vacinated professions and then looking for a consultant to sign them off work due to risk of covid.
it's wearing thin with medical staff presuming some are expecting and still working

@ts115 , was talking to a person that works in a dublin maternity hospital today, a very high percentage of teachers have chosen to remain vaccine free, but come in looking all the routine scans etc, they have noticed that the teaching profession is featuring alot more than other non vacinated professions and then looking for a consultant to sign them off work due to risk of covid.
it's wearing thin with medical staff presuming some are expecting and still working
The 10 day turn around is surely questionable now. 1 principle even highlighted that alot of them are positive but with no symptoms. Alot of these teachers actually want to get back to school

A lot of teachers would be female and I don't for one second blame them for exercising caution in relation to mRNA or dna vaccines.

My wife is pregnant at the moment and opted for the vaccine but that is entirely her choice. No one should be shamed either way.

A lot of teachers would be female and I don't for one second blame them for exercising caution in relation to mRNA or dna vaccines.

My wife is pregnant at the moment and opted for the vaccine but that is entirely her choice. No one should be shamed either way.
it's not about getting the vaccine or not, it's about getting signed off " due to health risks " that's the issue

it's not about getting the vaccine or not, it's about getting signed off " due to health risks " that's the issue
From speaking with a neighbour in that position, it's more nuanced than that. She was told that she couldn't work by the school, so had to get signed off. She would have preferred to be teaching.

What's the story now with Novak Djokavic ? Refusing the vaccine, saying he had covid in December but loads of photos of him at press events during that time?

That to me sounds like Someone who now wishes they were a teacher rather than in the medical profession.

He was rearrested pretty fast after been released by the judge. Hope they make a example of him.
He hasn't won his right to play in the Australian Open. Far from it. His lawyers argued a technicality that meant the revoking of his visa couldn't stand. It was officially revoked at 7.42am. However, anyone in that situation has a period to respond and argue why it shouldn't be revoked, and No Vax should legally have had until 8.30am to do that, so it was revoked 48 minutes too early. His lawyers argument is that he then didn't have the full time allowed to plead his case.

However that just means that particular revocation couldn't stand, but it doesn't mean the Aussies can't serve it again, and make sure they don't mess it up a second time.

Last edited:
What's the story now with Novak Djokavic ? Refusing the vaccine, saying he had covid in December but loads of photos of him at press events during that time?

Threads looking quite like a "anti unvaccinated thread" of late.

Very tolerant alright of others own decision, moralising from some , comes to mind when vaccination is not yet mandatory in many countries.

Im not anti anti vac or anti anything but i can only thing of two people "in real life" that i know who are anti vac or think the whole thing is a conspiracy. One lad can be seen in town in his slippers and could go to bed for a week if you upset him.
And the other fella is at least slightly retarded.

Im not anti anti vac or anti anything but i can only thing of two people "in real life" that i know who are anti vac or think the whole thing is a conspiracy. One lad can be seen in town in his slippers and could go to bed for a week if you upset him.
And the other fella is at least slightly retarded.
I know a couple of women that will not take the vaccine because allegedly there were foetus material used in some part of the manufacturing process. A lorry driver was in one day and he had not taken the vaccine but I did not go close enough to find out why . It does not worry me that some people do not want to take the vaccines . On the other hand I do not trust the Government or the pharmaceutical industry.

From what i can gather from talking to people recently not one of them is going to have anymore injections, many are still having reactions and are getting concerned, expected on the first but thought it wasn't going to still be happening now.

Reactions: Paw
I know a couple of women that will not take the vaccine because allegedly there were foetus material used in some part of the manufacturing process. A lorry driver was in one day and he had not taken the vaccine but I did not go close enough to find out why . It does not worry me that some people do not want to take the vaccines . On the other hand I do not trust the Government or the pharmaceutical industry.
The vaccine is ment to stay where it's injected into your arm but lots of research saying it can travel around the body and attach to the ovaries. That's from Dr Robert Malone who created the mRNA vaccine. Also the effects it can have on heart issues in young males would make you wary. People on radio asking should we all be made get a fourth shot? I've had two that's enough for me.

The vaccine is ment to stay where it's injected into your arm but lots of research saying it can travel around the body and attach to the ovaries. That's from Dr Robert Malone who created the mRNA vaccine. Also the effects it can have on heart issues in young males would make you wary. People on radio asking should we all be made get a fourth shot? I've had two that's enough for me.
Spoke to woman the other day who's probably in her mid-late twentys, she's now having heart palpitations since having the booster. Understandable that she doesn't want anymore and quite frightening for a young person to be having that happen after being seemingly healthy.

Back