• Yes

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see Ryanscare advertising flights for spring and summer under “Vax & Go”.

If we wanted to vaccinate 4 million Irish people in 365 days, we would need to be doing 11,000 people per day....

That’s only vaccinating them once.

I think we’ll need a rotary....
You'd think they'd develop a pour-on. Could do them as they go through security. Give them the second dose on the return.:thumbup1:

I hope they let private companies do this or we won't see it for 12 months! I cant see Microsoft etc waiting for the hse to get their act together, same with private hospitals etc

I thought it was proven that the virus doesn't live on things. Like you wont catch it by touching something that someone who is positive has. So all the scrubbing of door knobs etc was a waste of time
suprisingly two of the sustances that it survives longest on are plastic (plastic based) and stainless steel, we carry out own pocket sized sanitizers and each vehicle has a couple containers and a pack of masks plus sealer bags for used ones, automatic doors or foot operated ones should be mandatory in public places, supermarkets should have the sanitizers at the trolly bar

i was reading about a hospital in south america (think it was in chile) that deals with infectious diseases and it has replaced as much utilities as possible with copper made ones, ..wash hand basins, door handles , grab rails , possibly toilet seats and it's disease spread rate has dimished greately, trials show that covid doesn't survive very long on copper also,

another business locally won't be opening 'cos a number of the staff are +, i believe one member is quite ill

the social media is awash with people critizing the roll out of the vaccine etc, this isn't like dosing the calves for blackleg or ibr, and if people copped the fuk on and behaved responsibly we wouldn't be in the sh1t we're in now

@whelan1 this post isn't directed at you btw I'm just quoting re the door handles etc,

Would it be fair to say that all doctors aren’t pill pushers?
I’m just going by my own experience,

Perhaps I’m one of the lucky ones, my GP is similar age to myself (a young fella don’t ya know). I’ve a history of high BP & cholesterol.
He tried a lot, dietary advice, exercise advice, scans in the case of the BP etc before putting me on medication.
I had a sore back and after trying physio, he sent me for a scan which showed up two bulging discs.
I know a friend of mine who went to him with ongoing backpain. He sent him for a scan too and it turned out to be a growth on his kidney (he was lucky that back pain drew their attention to it).

What I’m trying to say is that just like every profession, some people are better than others at what they do.

I possibly have the same doc. Sound out. My BP is ok but had high cholesterol. A nurse in the Bons recommended ‘Red Sterol Complex’, better than Benecol drinks she said. I got it from Jill Bell (Well and Good) in Midleton and it worked. It’s not cheap at 25 euro for 90 tablets. I started on two per day and now on one a day for maintenance. By the way, it’s vegetarian AND vegan in case you were wondering!
P.S. Always get a doctor younger than yourself, less chance of having to change !

I possibly have the same doc. Sound out. My BP is ok but had high cholesterol. A nurse in the Bons recommended ‘Red Sterol Complex’, better than Benecol drinks she said. I got it from Jill Bell (Well and Good) in Midleton and it worked. It’s not cheap at 25 euro for 90 tablets. I started on two per day and now on one a day for maintenance. By the way, it’s vegetarian AND vegan in case you were wondering!
P.S. Always get a doctor younger than yourself, less chance of having to change !
S McC is my GP, possibly the same man?

Thanks for that N, I might look into that :thumbup1:

I hope they let private companies do this or we won't see it for 12 months! I cant see Microsoft etc waiting for the hse to get their act together, same with private hospitals etc

After the healthcare workers and vulnerable I think it should go to people in hospitality sector, then manufacturing and construction.

I'd be completely against allowing companies to skip the queue, especially office based ones. There is zero fear of Microsoft, their staff can work remotely and the IT sector has had a bumper year.

I say this as someone in IT. There's no way we should be jumping the queue

After the healthcare workers and vulnerable I think it should go to people in hospitality sector, then manufacturing and construction.

I'd be completely against allowing companies to skip the queue, especially office based ones. There is zero fear of Microsoft, their staff can work remotely and the IT sector has had a bumper year.

Absolutely front line first and vulnerable, my point is if its left to the HSE there will be a queue when there shouldn't be, I'd be giving it to teachers before I'd be giving it to hospitality or construction, the pubs may stayed closed until a good percentage of the population has got the vaccine or at least until outside becomes an option in the summer.

i have a family member working in hospital and another is a teacher. The person working in hospital is a covid free one( that is they dont take in covid cases). The family member teaching has had three cases so far in her classroom, one of those was a support teacher. I can tell you who i would like to see get the vaccine first.

Forgot about the teachers. Yes put them in around third, but after that I think we should help get people back to work

The COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Strategy sets out a provisional priority list of groups for vaccination once a safe and effective vaccine(s) has received authorisation from the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
The Strategy was developed by the National Immunisation Advisory Committee (NIAC) and Department of Health, endorsed by the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET), and approved by Government on 8 December 2020.
The Strategy is a further component to the State’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and will evolve and adapt with more detailed information on the vaccines and their effectiveness.

Your quick guide to the provisional vaccine allocation groups​

This is the provisional order in which people in Ireland will be vaccinated against COVID-19.
1People aged 65 years and older who are residents of long-term care facilities (likely to include all staff and residents on site)
2Frontline healthcare workers
3People aged 70 and older
4Other healthcare workers not in direct patient contact
5People aged 65-69
6Key workers
7People aged 18-64 with certain medical conditions
8Residents of long-term care facilities aged 18-64
9People aged 18-64 living or working in crowded settings
10Key workers in essential jobs who cannot avoid a high risk of exposure
11People working in education sector
12People aged 55-64
13Other workers in occupations important to the functioning of society
14Other people aged 18-54
15People aged under 18 and pregnant women

On local radio yesterday it was giving a list of when the vaccine will start in the nursing homes in louth. January 19th is the date they start, what will be going on in the meantime for the next 3 weeks?

On local radio yesterday it was giving a list of when the vaccine will start in the nursing homes in louth. January 19th is the date they start, what will be going on in the meantime for the next 3 weeks?
A friend of mine wife and sister both work in nursing homes (not the same) and both told should have the vaccine sometime this week

I really doubt they Have they enough doses on hand to just tear into it all next week. Normal work still has to take place within healthcare so it’s not as if they can just divert all their resources into doing it.

I really doubt they Have they enough doses on hand to just tear into it all next week. Normal work still has to take place within healthcare so it’s not as if they can just divert all their resources into doing it.
If my fuzzy memory serves me right, there are 30k people in nursing homes. The first batch of vaccine was going to be 10k doses so I’d say vaccine availability is the reason.

see Ryanair had an add on during the news on a seat sale for the summer. Jab and go they called it. I’d say you’ll need to prove you have got the vaccine to go anywhere come summer.

see Ryanair had an add on during the news on a seat sale for the summer. Jab and go they called it. I’d say you’ll need to prove you have got the vaccine to go anywhere come summer.
Wasn't there mentions of a certificate in the past few weeks? I'd think the French would be looking for it going by the way they treated the truck drivers last week.

We are bound to see quite a bit of price inflation in a lot of things once vaccination gets well underway.

Households have saved a lot of money and have been deprived of a lot of what they like doing.

There’ll be a world scale “because I deserve it” when the pandemic ends......

There are a lot of people more or less bursting at the seams for a mega blow out . As you say , Because I Deserve It .

Isn't that why numbers are rising rapidly , due to the " Christmas Lockdown Holiday ". A certain sector just think of themselves and feck everyone else .

Some say that there will be an app on your phone , to show proof that you have been vaccinated. Possibly a tattoo?

I personally would be extremely cautious about getting on an aeroplane , at least for 6 , and probably 12 months .
Not to mention what goes on when you get to your holiday destination.

I'm chomping at the bit to get a cordless grease gun. Then again I've been planning that purchase for a few years 😃

Not just that but everyone has to get a second jab in 3 weeks which will add considerably to the numbers to be treated on any given day.

Not just that but everyone has to get a second jab in 3 weeks which will add considerably to the numbers to be treated on any given day.

Yes, after three weeks you have to either double capacity or spend three weeks just vaccinating people you've already done for three weeks until you can start new people again, it's a big draw back with the phizer vaccine.

However i think the Oxford / Astra zenica vaccine is close to approval now too, that is just one dose and it can be stored in a GP's fridge

Yes, after three weeks you have to either double capacity or spend three weeks just vaccinating people you've already done for three weeks until you can start new people again, it's a big draw back with the phizer vaccine.

However i think the Oxford / Astra zenica vaccine is close to approval now too, that is just one dose and it can be stored in a GP's fridge
Is the Oxford one upto 94% or closer to 70% effective?

Back