Cows out!

If there really bad I find the deadbolt in meadow meats puts a stop to them kicking very effectively.

It's not just you, it is the busiest time here anyway. The standard milking/ feeding calves doesn't take up the time, its putting the clusters back on to a heifer 6 times after she got an unmerciful wallop at ya, the cow with a uterine infection, the calf that won't suck, the gobshites that land in to the yard at half 4 trying to sell you something that you have no interest in, the fence you forgot to put the current in and cows gone the wrong way.

Posted from the Ham Bone using Crapatalk 2

Worse than all that is the wind cold and rain

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

It's not just you, it is the busiest time here anyway. The standard milking/ feeding calves doesn't take up the time, its putting the clusters back on to a heifer 6 times after she got an unmerciful wallop at ya, the cow with a uterine infection, the calf that won't suck, the gobshites that land in to the yard at half 4 trying to sell you something that you have no interest in, the fence you forgot to put the current in and cows gone the wrong way.

I was going to call In for a chat yesterday evening around half 4:eek: when I was passing
Im plagued here with lads calling in looking for work

theres a heavenly foods rep that gives me the creeps and keeps calling too, i hide when i see his van coming into the yard

like a cattle dealer that calls here,i told him not to call unless hes brings me the bottle of jameson that he promised me 2 years ago but he stays calling,mother brings him in for tea but doesn't even leave the kitchen unless she wants to buy something off him :rolleyes:

I was going to call In for a chat yesterday evening around half 4:eek: when I was passing
Im plagued here with lads calling in looking for work

If you do that and I set one of the dogs on ya, it's nothing personal....honest ;)

Or what is it with lorry drivers delivering "DAIRY" nuts at half 5 in the evening? It doesn't take a quantum physicist to work out why that might be inconvenient.

Or what is it with lorry drivers delivering "DAIRY" nuts at half 5 in the evening? It doesn't take a quantum physicist to work out why that might be inconvenient.

i suppose they are busy delivering nuts to all the dairy men and cant suit everyone time wise

What`s wrong with delivering nut`s at that time . We`ll take deliveries here at any hour .

What`s wrong with delivering nut`s at that time . We`ll take deliveries here at any hour .

Well until recently we used to blow the nuts on to the loft right over the milking parlour, the noise and smell used to drive cows in the parlour mad to the extent we used to stop the milking machine and wait until the blower had finished.
New set up is bin beside the parlour with augers, the noise of the blower does make tentative heifers very nervous and hard to milk.

Well until recently we used to blow the nuts on to the loft right over the milking parlour, the noise and smell used to drive cows in the parlour mad to the extent we used to stop the milking machine and wait until the blower had finished.
New set up is bin beside the parlour with augers, the noise of the blower does make tentative heifers very nervous and hard to milk.

Ah that would be an issue alright . The bin`s here would be near enough the parlour but cow`s take no heed of the noise .

Cause the man that plans the loads tells him to...he'll still blame the driver tho.

Brucey - when you order them thru rep tell em what time the bloke can deliver,,, feed company who deliver here are told no delivery before 8am, have had lorry sat out side gates before for good hour n half,, not drivers fault,, office need telling

too right, anytime is good here and I am glad of there service, had a load in on Monday at 5.30am and on friday evening at 9pm last week. Have had lorries tipping in the yard after 1am and no problems, even lads staying the night in the yard to sleep Im grand with. These are hard working lads doing there best to earn a crust so try and make things easy for them.

too right, anytime is good here and I am glad of there service, had a load in on Monday at 5.30am and on friday evening at 9pm last week. Have had lorries tipping in the yard after 1am and no problems, even lads staying the night in the yard to sleep Im grand with. These are hard working lads doing there best to earn a crust so try and make things easy for them.

Yea but I can get Brucey's point. Milking cow, especially heifers, get very nervous if theres even the slightest unusual noise. Nothing worse than picking up a row of clusters from the floor only to have them kicked off again.

I'd blame the company far more than the driver though

Never say a word to anybody working for me about time.

Contractor often comes to me at night during busy times so that he can keep the fussy lads happy.

Its the result of a few years on the road as an ai man and seeing it from both sides.

Yea but I can get Brucey's point. Milking cow, especially heifers, get very nervous if theres even the slightest unusual noise. Nothing worse than picking up a row of clusters from the floor only to have them kicked off again.

I'd blame the company far more than the driver though

Try having a radio in the parlour from the word go!! Really relaxes them with regard strangers and unfamiliar noises! !

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ah I'm not complaining about the odd load of meal that lands at milking time because of traffic problems, it's when the same driver lands in to the yard, religiously at milking time to blow nuts up on to a loft where he knows he needs my help. Or the salesman dropping in "on the way home" for 45 mins and won't get the idea that you're not interested in silage inoculant or minerals or some break through product with foreign trial results.
Tim818 is right, March in a very stressful month for dairy farmers. What happened Whelan1 today can happen here too from time to time, and it's very tiring.
I'm not saying that you should never land in to a dairy farmer at or just before milking, I often welcome lads here, just have some consideration of the necessity of the visit and the work load of the farmer. There's enough complications in March.

Ah I'm not complaining about the odd load of meal that lands at milking time because of traffic problems, it's when the same driver lands in to the yard, religiously at milking time to blow nuts up on to a loft where he knows he needs my help.

ah here, not only do you want delivery at certain times, a second person is need to effect delivery. Do you not think your pushing it a bit?

Back