Crude Oil & wholesale Diesel futures

Wholesale diesel prices are rising a good bit today, it may be a good evening to order.

is there a reason why white diesel is being put in diggers working in the south.
mate of mine and living not to far from another member here is subed into lagan barriers doing the roadside barriers,lagan supplying the diesel but its white he has to fill it up with.sounds daft but there must be some reason,if he was in the north it would have to be white but why here

Up like a rocket, down like a feather.

Tails I win, Heads you loose.

On the other hand....

Scenario A.
If I was selling fuel and the price went up tonight, the fuel I had in my tanks today would be worth more tomorrow, happy days and I take advantage of the extra margin.

Scenario B.
But, if the price the price fell tonight, the fuel in my tanks may be worth less tomorrow than I paid for it so I actually loose money on it as my competitor down the road may have been lucky enough to have had emptied his tanks yesterday and the people in cars won't pay any extra for my fuel just because I had bought it at a different time. I will need a few scenarios like A above or else I will quickly go broke.

The same applies to all commodities and buyers don't care. Some people think that retailers are out to get them without fully understanding the dynamics at play.

is there a reason why white diesel is being put in diggers working in the south.
mate of mine and living not to far from another member here is subed into lagan barriers doing the roadside barriers,lagan supplying the diesel but its white he has to fill it up with.sounds daft but there must be some reason,if he was in the north it would have to be white but why here
Would they be claiming a haulier rebate as well as claiming vat back, making it cheaper? Can you do that with white, but not with green?

Would they be claiming a haulier rebate as well as claiming vat back, making it cheaper? Can you do that with white, but not with green?
no idea,he's just in with the digger and labour,erecting barrier,steel barriers and diesel supplied by lagan

Other than the extra Green Party Tax, which was added yesterday, wholesale diesel prices are steady/slightly up, after the rebound from the nice drops early last month.
Screenshot_20230102_150922_Samsung Internet.jpg
Petrol on the other hand is still rising rapidly, after Biden started to restock following his give away pre November.
Screenshot_20230102_151041_Samsung Internet.jpg

Other than the extra Green Party Tax, which was added yesterday, wholesale diesel prices are steady/slightly up, after the rebound from the nice drops early last month.
View attachment 117190
Petrol on the other hand is still rising rapidly, after Biden started to restock following his give away pre November.
View attachment 117191
Wholesale diesel prices have dropped massively yesterday evening and this morning, down near €0.10c/L.
Hopefully it will be passed on quickly.

Back