Crude Oil & wholesale Diesel futures

Crude oil prices back a nice bit more, ULSD back under $500/100T after being up to $566 at the start of the month.
Prices at the farm gate should start reflecting that in the next few days.

Crude oil prices back a nice bit more, ULSD back under $500/100T after being up to $566 at the start of the month.
Prices at the farm gate should start reflecting that in the next few days.
Any idea @gone what way oil / diesel prices may go , stay reasonable steady or move fairly sharp up hill.just have to fill tanks again, filled all at this time last april as I had access to alot of storage to do me the year.
Would it be a wise idea to even only put in half the amount this time or go full hog

Any idea @gone what way oil / diesel prices may go , stay reasonable steady or move fairly sharp up hill.just have to fill tanks again, filled all at this time last april as I had access to alot of storage to do me the year.
Would it be a wise idea to even only put in half the amount this time or go full hog
The place we get the engine oil and utto said it's going up 20%in may carbon tax he said. He said it's the biggest increase in 7 years. We put a bigger diesel tank last week just wondering is there any thing I should put into tank before filling like diptane or any additive its 600gallon

The place we get the engine oil and utto said it's going up 20%in may carbon tax he said. He said it's the biggest increase in 7 years. We put a bigger diesel tank last week just wondering is there any thing I should put into tank before filling like diptane or any additive its 600gallon
I was told at motor factors you can throw diptane in when full or any in between just match the percentage to whatever in tank

I put actioil in the tank before the last fill can't do any harm anyway checked the motor diesel tank and that needs a clean out before I put diesel in it again layer of scum growing in there. Tractor diesel tank was fine but going to check all the fuel tanks now when nearly empty just too be sure

The Government are adding 2c/L on May 1st to agri diesel and kero.
The world market is gone a bit higher over the last few days, but this was mainly offset by a weak dollar.

Despite lazy journalism in the RTE news room diesel/petrol/kero are not going up by 1% on the markets today, the $Dollar dropped by nearly as much so wholesale price are fairly stable, apart from the Green party tax of 2c/L last week.

70c/l here near Ardee, oil has dropped a bit even after the cyber attack on the US Colonial pipeline. Hopefully doesn’t climb any more, it’s bloody expensive again

70c/l here near Ardee, oil has dropped a bit even after the cyber attack on the US Colonial pipeline. Hopefully doesn’t climb any more, it’s bloody expensive again
Of the €0.70c the government takes €0.22c,, the wholesale price ex Rotterdam is about €0.38c leaving about €0.10c for the importer and your supplier.

Yeah it’s savage when you think about it, tax, tax and more tax. It’s the only thing this useless shower of a government do well.

as another lad said recently, the only thing coming down in this country is the rain 😂😂

Of the €0.70c the government takes €0.22c,, the wholesale price ex Rotterdam is about €0.38c leaving about €0.10c for the importer and your supplier.
Out of curiosity @gone, is the difference in price between green and road diesel just tax? As in that ex Rotterdam price just for diesel and is it just dyed and rebated when it comes into the country or does it come in as green diesel cheaper? I often wondered while filling diesel who actually ends up with the price difference in their pocket? No hassle if you can’t answer but I’m just curious

Out of curiosity @gone, is the difference in price between green and road diesel just tax? As in that ex Rotterdam price just for diesel and is it just dyed and rebated when it comes into the country or does it come in as green diesel cheaper? I often wondered while filling diesel who actually ends up with the price difference in their pocket? No hassle if you can’t answer but I’m just curious
Basically yes, but they are slightly different grades of diesel.
MGO, green or agri diesel tends to be a slightly lower grade, all Auto diesel is EN590?????
But there would only be small differences in price between the different grades, the main difference is the tax.

MGO, agri diesel is taxed as follows, €0.13.8c per litre Excise duty & Carbon Tax, Plus 13.5% VAT on top of all including the taxes.
Auto is taxed as foolows, €0.51.5c Excise & Carbon Tax, plus 23% VAT on top of all including double tax.
Petrol is €0.62c Excise & Carbon plus 23% Vat.

AID Chemicals a company about a mile from me makes the dye for the Diesel.

Oil markets are significantly and the $Dollar stronger against the €uro and the £Pound, prices will rise here over the next coupe of days if the markets stay this way.

Saying that dumping of the diesel sludge seems to have dried up..
2 cases there recently I read .
Can't understand how nobody is ever at these places when there raided or ever charged.
Often wondered do they really want to find anyone's

Strange article though, headline is two plants uncovered in Louth and the article goes on about Monaghan last year, seems a bit sensationalist. Oil was cheap last year so diesel laundering wouldn’t have made a lot of sense..!

Strange article though, headline is two plants uncovered in Louth and the article goes on about Monaghan last year, seems a bit sensationalist. Oil was cheap last year so diesel laundering wouldn’t have made a lot of sense..!
There was still the same profit to be made form laundering diesel, it is just based on the difference between green/red and auto, which is all tax and doesn't really change no matter the price of wholesale diesel.

Back