Daily weather forecast update

Arthur

That day is cruel. Even with good air con I am dying. If I get out of the tractor to open a gate it takes nearly 15 mins to cool back down to where I was. Really want to see the end of this heat now. Far to hard to work in.
I was talking to a lad baling this morning after rowing up a bit of grass for him, baling away with just the right hand door open and the heat of the engine coming back, said he can't tolerate air con, gives him terrible headaches.

johndeere6920s

Jesus DP you were giving out about the rain last week.
Here driving a tm with no air con.
It's only for a few days you'd love a day like this in the middle of January

Bot.exe

I was talking to a lad baling this morning after rowing up a bit of grass for him, baling away with just the right hand door open and the heat of the engine coming back, said he can't tolerate air con, gives him terrible headaches.
That's crazy, all you have to do is leave a quarter filled bottle of water with the cap off somewhere in the cab and no more headaches.

Bencroy

Brought out a box of bulmers tins to the rake , baler and wrapper man there.now we have to start.all drank.. Maybe I should have waited till we don't baling n wrapping..... milking may be late😎

nashmach

Jesus DP you were giving out about the rain last week.
Here driving a tm with no air con.
It's only for a few days you'd love a day like this in the middle of January

Totally agree, we probably haven't had a week like this since 2018. I'd gladly take it over looking at constant rain anyway and many people with Covid restrictions are getting to enjoy the island.

It will be cold and miserable for long enough.

johndeere6920s

Totally agree, we probably haven't had a week like this since 2018. I'd gladly take it over looking at constant rain anyway and many people with Covid restrictions are getting to enjoy the island.

It is warm and we have a tractor with no aircon that I'm driving myself but sure what harm good for bones to soak in a bit of heat.

diesel power

Up to the mid 20's is grand but heading for the mid 30's and high humidity, no thanks. It's hard on man and machine.
I'd gladly take another week of the sun in fairness. Just a bit cooler would be nice.

Rathbran

Up to the mid 20's is grand but heading for the mid 30's and high humidity, no thanks. It's hard on man and machine.
I'd gladly take another week of the sun in fairness. Just a bit cooler would be nice.
Hit the nail on the head there @diesel power

30 degrees is all very well when you get to lie about at the beach or in the back garden scratching your arse but not very nice when work needs to be done.

my poor other half is working in a COVID test centre in full ppe in this heat, they won’t provide any A/C and say they can’t open any windows in the old building, so much for their calls for ventilation. Some days there it’s well over 40 Celsius inside….