Daily weather forecast update

FIAT 450

When you are on the topic. Does anyone know where to get a pair of these?

Attachments

• IMG_20211128_095405.jpg
    IMG_20211128_095405.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 76

whelan1

Was out earlier milking. Came back into the house to drop kids to school, went out to defrost car with my runners on instead of my wellies, did an ice skating maneuver down to the car.

diesel power

At half seven this morning the cars and roofs of buildings had a dust of snow and it was bitterly cold. By 9 it was spilling rain and by half 9 it was scuttery snow. At half 10 the place was white with snow and very cold but by half 11 it was back to the rain and got a lot milder. Land is moving now.

Nashty

At half seven this morning the cars and roofs of buildings had a dust of snow and it was bitterly cold. By 9 it was spilling rain and by half 9 it was scuttery snow. At half 10 the place was white with snow and very cold but by half 11 it was back to the rain and got a lot milder. Land is moving now.
Yes, but I would far rather that land be moving in early January than the middle of February. Let it rain away for another fortnight if needs be.

diesel power

Yes, but I would far rather that land be moving in early January than the middle of February. Let it rain away for another fortnight if needs be.
Agreed. It's just today was about as bad a day as I've seen in a good while and it's been a long time since water was flowing around like it was this morning.

Rathbran

who here remembers this, I was too small to remember it properly, any interesting tales from the big snow

headcase

Very Senior Member
who here remembers this, I was too small to remember it properly, any interesting tales from the big snow

i was only 6 but remember the drifts up the road here being able to walk from the field 1 side of the road to the other about 10ft over the road
also people queing outside the dairy to collect milk from the tank
also dad taking a emergency orange milk tank on the back of a 4ton tipper trailer behind a 5748 zetor 8 mile to the milk factory

Bencroy

yep remember it.remember having to go back for my weekly holidays to crumlin hospital in my uncle's beetle.he had to stop several times to clear the snow from between the wheels and the wheel arches.

JohnBoy

Don't remember it, but my father often talks about it. one of their milk delivery drivers (worked in a co-op) got stranded and he borrowed a county off a local haulier/farmer/contractor and went on a mission to collect him.

I think the guy had rang from a pub though and wasn't overly bothered about going home by the time my dad arrived.

gone

There was a big snow in 1947 too. I don't remember it
,47 scared a lot of people, my parents use to talk about it, it snowed late in the spring and stayed way too long. My father talked about ploughing for Dev:d compulsory wheat in May and having to leave parts of the fields because of the snow drifts still not being gone near the hedges. A lot of Irish people worried in 47 that it was going to be a repeat of "Black '47"