Daily weather forecast update

Be the lord. A lovely shower of rain there now, was out looking at a paddock for the cows just got back in in time. Cows nice and dry in the shed too. Tis after getting cold all of a sudden

Wait till the " borrowing days " first few days of april and then the " cuckoo storm " coming up to the days of mid April.mostly rough weather for them few days

Well it looks like we are in for a pretty much dry week ahead, there will be no dust rising but it will give us a chance to get out on the land..

Was dropping back a trailer yesterday to a man we borrowed it from and couldn't get over the amount of water standing in fields again.

This was march 21st 2017

View attachment 89235
Simon from weatherwebdotnet that posted a forecast here yesterday.was talking to him last wed morning.have been using his forecast for very close to 20 years and his forecasts have saved my ass many a time than if I was to go by the " pretty ladies " on tv.
Last wed he said that it was to get mixed from end of this week and the long range models were showing it " unsettled " from 1st week of april till near the end of the month.
Doesn't surprise me as the swans still haven't left and some frogs are either "confused " or know more than the metorogolists and computers as there is quite a bit of spawn in places where there should be no water when tadpoles are hatched.
Had hoped to pipe silage ground mid week but it doesn't look promising now.

The long term models (beyond 10 days are notoriously unreliable, I feel they were better a few years ago).
Currently, the first half of April looks excellent, especially in the south.
Back in late February, March looked dry then that changed and then it returned to a positive forecast about 4-5 days before the current dry spell.

A wintery feeling night out there. Harsh wind and heavy showers.
Some quite cold nights ahead, March will go out like a lion.
It looks like high pressure will build again after mid week and it’ll be harsh and dry for a week or two.

A wintery feeling night out there. Harsh wind and heavy showers.
Some quite cold nights ahead, March will go out like a lion.
It looks like high pressure will build again after mid week and it’ll be harsh and dry for a week or two.
Grass has grown here all winter. We would be glad of a few dry weeks to dry out ground so that we could get slurry out. We won't mind if its harsh. Last nights gfs update is promising enough for the next 2 weeks. Just have to get over this weekend first as there is a lot of rain in the charts up to Tuesday for these parts.

Back