Daily weather forecast update

Any body able to shed a light on what is coming the end of the week. They said not to go planting as your seeds will be vulnerable due a cold front coming down

" the borrowing days "

" the borrowing days "... always appears with a few bad days early april
Also known as The Reabhog Days.

The Irish version of the fable concerns an old brindled cow, ‘An tSean-Bhó Riabhach’. The old brindled cow boasted that even the tough weather of March could not kill her, so March borrowed three days from April and using these with added fury, killed and skinned the poor old cow. The first three days of April were traditionally known by such names as Laethanta na Riabhaiche, the Borrowed or Borrowing Days or the Skinning Days.

Just said on the bbc there's no warm weather around for the foreseeable future, so that'll mean no grass either..........................................:thumbdown:

Also known as The Reabhog Days.

The Irish version of the fable concerns an old brindled cow, ‘An tSean-Bhó Riabhach’. The old brindled cow boasted that even the tough weather of March could not kill her, so March borrowed three days from April and using these with added fury, killed and skinned the poor old cow. The first three days of April were traditionally known by such names as Laethanta na Riabhaiche, the Borrowed or Borrowing Days or the Skinning Days.
Funny how the same conversation came up today.was chatting a dairy man in templeboy and he had the same irish names for it , as I had only heard of the borrowing days

We are a month behind here at the moment
Its very bare round here, i'm out of silage, been on two farms today that are at the back of their pits. There's no beet around either, if anyone do advertise any its gone instantly!

Its very bare round here, i'm out of silage, been on two farms today that are at the back of their pits. There's no beet around either, if anyone do advertise any its gone instantly!
I ran out of beet Saturday
Plenty of silage and enough barley👍
Enough grass for about 10 days🤬

i dont want it to rain on you ,we havent had 2mm since 15march
Ye are lucky men. Some of our meadows still haven't dried out enough to get slurry out. They were almost there last Saturday but rain came again. We need a good dry week and it will bring us into line with slurry and fertilizer on pasture and meadows. Pasture is a purple and yellow colour. We haven't had growth at all, bar a week at the end of February. Bit of kindness in the weather now would be very beneficial

Ye are lucky men. Some of our meadows still haven't dried out enough to get slurry out. They were almost there last Saturday but rain came again. We need a good dry week and it will bring us into line with slurry and fertilizer on pasture and meadows. Pasture is a purple and yellow colour. We haven't had growth at all, bar a week at the end of February. Bit of kindness in the weather now would be very beneficial
Beats me @muckymanor how well known buck in our parish can have the highest grass growth rates in the republic on pasturebase last week in the journal.
There's next to nothing growing not even weeds

Beats me @muckymanor how well known buck in our parish can have the highest grass growth rates in the republic on pasturebase last week in the journal.
There's next to nothing growing not even weeds
I'd say its the same lad that updates the grass growth rates as updates the figures for the Better Farm that's in our parish. €1500 GM/HA. I don't think you're supposed to include your off farm earnings as part of the Gross Margin calculation.

Back