Daily weather forecast update

Lik
Leitrim.
We had a dry 7 days up to yesterday and what we got yesterday was very little. Temps close to 20 degrees again today and just trying to rain but not making a great attempt at it. Very lucky with the weather in these parts this last while.
Likewise here in West sligo mucky, at pit silage all week and most of last week. Serious wind drying things and like you it tries to rain most days but just a few spits on the windscreen is all that falls. No wet silage gone in at all and ground in massive shape.

Lik
Likewise here in West sligo mucky, at pit silage all week and most of last week. Serious wind drying things and like you it tries to rain most days but just a few spits on the windscreen is all that falls. No wet silage gone in at all and ground in massive shape.

It's amazing the difference in a small country. I was in Galway City yesterday morning and made my way back out to our farm in east Galway through the back roads as I had a few stops to make along the way. Towards the city, where there is very good land (Athenry, Headford back to Loughrea) there is very little done and grass growth appears to be very slow. The more you go towards the midlands, the more cut fields. Passed the yards of a few contractors that I know and they all had harvesters, trailers, mowers, balers etc. in their yards. A combination of weather and poor growth are going against it.

It's amazing the difference in a small country. I was in Galway City yesterday morning and made my way back out to our farm in east Galway through the back roads as I had a few stops to make along the way. Towards the city, where there is very good land (Athenry, Headford back to Loughrea) there is very little done and grass growth appears to be very slow. The more you go towards the midlands, the more cut fields. Passed the yards of a few contractors that I know and they all had harvesters, trailers, mowers, balers etc. in their yards. A combination of weather and poor growth are going against it.
I'm not a million miles away from that area and there has been a huge amount of grass collected in the last couple of weeks. A good bit of hay nearly there now as well. We have only had one day of genuine rain in the past two weeks I think

I'm not a million miles away from that area and there has been a huge amount of grass collected in the last couple of weeks. A good bit of hay nearly there now as well. We have only had one day of genuine rain in the past two weeks I think
Going in the m6 from the toll all that I saw cut was the teagasc farm in athenry. A lot of good land between there and the city and not a blade of grass cut. Back out the old N6 and there was a couple of dairy farms cut, but compared to this time last year there's very little done - there's very little grass on meadows in that area. When you go back to the East of Loughrea, there's an awful lot more done.

The eclipse left things very dull here this morning, but try as it might, it didn't manage to rain. Much brighter and warmer here now.

19 degrees here all evening. It would stick you together with sweat. Strong breeze. Trying its best to rain but nothing bar a few drops

Looks like a week of warm weather left before the majority of the country goes back to our more normal unsettled pattern

Gonna chance mowing down a bit of hay today (Sunday). I hadn't time up to now but the weather looks settled enough for a few days. I'll either get it or bag it. Not to pushed which way it ends up.

Back