Daily weather forecast update

1st snow of the year on the mountain behind us.winter looks as its finally arriving.
just added totalled our 2021 rainfall figures for met eireann.
1281.2 mm for the year.just a few totals of met eireann
markree castle ( sligo ) 1319
athenry 1124
Johnston castle 1067
roches point 1062
Moorpark 1012
mullingar 980
ballyhaise 932
gurteen college 793
oak park 784mm
@ bogman 500mm of a difference between your region and here.
was a good year from middle on June on and we'd settle for the same again !!

1st snow of the year on the mountain behind us.winter looks as its finally arriving.
just added totalled our 2021 rainfall figures for met eireann.
1281.2 mm for the year.just a few totals of met eireann
markree castle ( sligo ) 1319
athenry 1124
Johnston castle 1067
roches point 1062
Moorpark 1012
mullingar 980
ballyhaise 932
gurteen college 793
oak park 784mm
@ bogman 500mm of a difference between your region and here.
was a good year from middle on June on and we'd settle for the same again !!
Would those rainfall totals be more or less than your average? 15km north of Oak Park here, total rainfall for 2021 just strong of 650mm. It's always drier here, Oak Park seems to get rain off the Rossmore hills. Lots of mini-droughts here during the summer but nothing as severe as 2018. Only for a wet spell towards the end of May it would have been a different story.

Would those rainfall totals be more or less than your average? 15km north of Oak Park here, total rainfall for 2021 just strong of 650mm. It's always drier here, Oak Park seems to get rain off the Rossmore hills. Lots of mini-droughts here during the summer but nothing as severe as 2018. Only for a wet spell towards the end of May it would have been a different story.
we were 1281 from our met eireann guage.an odd year we might have a bit less rain than that .most are wetter than above, 2020 we had 1528mm.
those figures for other places I took off met eireann website.
in general most places seem to have a drier yr last year.
It gives the long term average for each area on the website aswell.
the NW always along with parts of kerry and maybe bits of cork have more rainfall in general

we were 1281 from our met eireann guage.an odd year we might have a bit less rain than that .most are wetter than above, 2020 we had 1528mm.
those figures for other places I took off met eireann website.
in general most places seem to have a drier yr last year.
It gives the long term average for each area on the website aswell.
the NW always along with parts of kerry and maybe bits of cork have more rainfall in general
Yes, a drier year on average for the country overall. I'd take the same again for 2022.
Very useful to have a Met Eireann rainfall gauge on you're farm, they are the gold standard. From what I can see there's huge regional variation in rainfall over short distances so unless you're located very close to one it's more accurate to measure your own.

Good shot of frost out this morning. Didn't think it was as bad till it got brighter
True that. I was foddering at 6.30am and you'd feel it but couldn't really see it. Totally opposite of yesterday morning - at 6.30am, you could see the lines of frost along the ditches even though it was still dark.

True that. I was foddering at 6.30am and you'd feel it but couldn't really see it. Totally opposite of yesterday morning - at 6.30am, you could see the lines of frost along the ditches even though it was still dark.
I thought yesterday was colder here than today but no frost as such. Tis almost gone now again

When you are on the topic. Does anyone know where to get a pair of these?

Attachments

• IMG_20211128_095405.jpg
    IMG_20211128_095405.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 76
Was out earlier milking. Came back into the house to drop kids to school, went out to defrost car with my runners on instead of my wellies, did an ice skating maneuver down to the car.

At half seven this morning the cars and roofs of buildings had a dust of snow and it was bitterly cold. By 9 it was spilling rain and by half 9 it was scuttery snow. At half 10 the place was white with snow and very cold but by half 11 it was back to the rain and got a lot milder. Land is moving now.

At half seven this morning the cars and roofs of buildings had a dust of snow and it was bitterly cold. By 9 it was spilling rain and by half 9 it was scuttery snow. At half 10 the place was white with snow and very cold but by half 11 it was back to the rain and got a lot milder. Land is moving now.
Yes, but I would far rather that land be moving in early January than the middle of February. Let it rain away for another fortnight if needs be.

Back