Daily weather forecast update

We had lovely kind rain here last night for a few hours although this morning you wouldn't think it had rained at all. Stayed dry up to 5:30 this evening. I was taking off a cut of silage with the Briggs and Stratton and I could hear the rumbles of thunder over the noise of the mower and with big trees overhead I decided to say fcuk it and come inside. Rained away nicely for a couple of hours but not to heavily and certainly nothing like some of the snapchats I've been sent from other areas.
I've spring oats left to cut over near Templemore and I'm reliably informed it rained biblical amounts there this evening. I'm stealing myself for a drive over that way tomorrow to see the carnage. Hoping there isn't any.

We had lovely kind rain here last night for a few hours although this morning you wouldn't think it had rained at all. Stayed dry up to 5:30 this evening. I was taking off a cut of silage with the Briggs and Stratton and I could hear the rumbles of thunder over the noise of the mower and with big trees overhead I decided to say fcuk it and come inside. Rained away nicely for a couple of hours but not to heavily and certainly nothing like some of the snapchats I've been sent from other areas.
I've spring oats left to cut over near Templemore and I'm reliably informed it rained biblical amounts there this evening. I'm stealing myself for a drive over that way tomorrow to see the carnage. Hoping there isn't any.
Have about 4ha left myself, hopefully both of our fields will have missed the worst of it.

A friend in Tullow was doing the forced habitat destruction when the rain came, had to give up immediately and almost got stuck driving back idol on the unworked stubble.
2" of rain in Tullow and most of it came in a cloudburst.

It would not surprise me if fire and brimstone fell on Tullow Sodom and Gomorrah style

It would not surprise me if fire and brimstone fell on Tullow Sodom and Gomorrah style
Graigcullen badly affected too. One of the streets flooded and the thatch pub has water flowing through it. Seen a video of woodies and the rain was pouring in from the roof sheeting joints, was a sad looking sight.

New Ross quay front was flooded as well.

It's a long time that we had a storm as bad. It cleaned the yard nicely anyway.

33mm came down today and 3mm yesterday evening. Should be a big help. Did you get much at all during the last month?
A wet Saturday about three weeks ago is all, come to think of it that was July, next Thursday might bring a drop..no great hardship on the lawnmower.IMG_20220816_084529.jpg

Yip sunset is 851pm today and gets earlier by 2 minutes every night this time of year, ye are right about how quick it creeps in and the good weather masking it

Lots of leaves down and blowing around, starting to feel a touch autumnal

Reactions: Paw
Back