Danielk's Photos

Namyslo have their own seeder, pneumatic or electric. I went for the electric spinner.
Is that a broadcast seeder?
Considering putting a seeder on a 6m einboch type (it's a different make) tyne harrow. Something reasonable priced.

Considering putting a seeder on a 6m einboch type (it's a different make) tyne harrow. Something reasonable priced.
On a 6m a broadcaster will only be good if there is no breeze whatsoever with grass seed. Timmy at Egmont was talking about brining in the delimbe seeder which would be worth a look. There is a cheaper APV model available too

Yes, a broadcast seeder. Single disc spinner with electric in cab controls, suitable for grass seeds and catch crop mixes etc. Adjustable width of spread so I can mount it on the 4.5 meter roller or 3 meter disc.

Yes, a broadcast seeder. Single disc spinner with electric in cab controls, suitable for grass seeds and catch crop mixes etc. Adjustable width of spread so I can mount it on the 4.5 meter roller or 3 meter disc.
Does anyone ever calibrate these yokes at that kind of width out of interest?

Does anyone ever calibrate these yokes at that kind of width out of interest?
I doubt it, I look forward to reading the manual for different settings. When I used to set grass seeds with the vicon wagtail I had dual wheels on the tractor and I’d drive beside the last set of tracks in the field so spreading about 3 meters plus. It spread wider of course but this was a safer bet.

On a 6m a broadcaster will only be good if there is no breeze whatsoever with grass seed. Timmy at Egmont was talking about brining in the delimbe seeder which would be worth a look. There is a cheaper APV model available too
Was thinking that alright. Only doing my own reseeding so couldn't justify a big spend. Was using a grass barrow after power harrow but find now it's a nicer job reseeding after the grass harrow. A seeder on it would suit for a bit of overseeding aswel.

I think I will be going with a delimbe seeder. Checking out where I can source in Ireland at the moment. They will also sell direct on their website, delivery around 200 to Ireland.

Namyslo have their own seeder, pneumatic or electric. I went for the electric spinner.
Thanks MF30. Only reason I’m asking is I’m looking at various options for disc and seeder myself and the Namyslo disc harrow is what I think I’ll go for.

Lad up the road is selling these Premium (that’s the name of the make) and a neighbour has bought one. Has a good inter gang clearance although I would prefer either a shouldered ring welded to an inner drum or the cast rings for a bit more tilling/firming rather than the large diameter crumbler fitted but there are other roller options available. He is getting the impact harrow (the row of tines that is positioned between the rear disc gang and the roller).

As I put on here before, I would ask for at least one spare left and right leg/disc assembly in case of bearing failure and there was a delay in parts availability. Better to have a couple of spares in the shed for when you do need them, regardless of make.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25177876
Premium Disc Harrows for Sale, Wexford (in stock)

Lad up the road is selling these Premium (that’s the name of the make) and a neighbour has bought one. Has a good inter gang clearance although I would prefer either a shouldered ring welded to an inner drum or the cast rings for a bit more tilling/firming rather than the large diameter crumbler fitted but there are other roller options available. He is getting the impact harrow (the row of tines that is positioned between the rear disc gang and the roller).

As I put on here before, I would ask for at least one spare left and right leg/disc assembly in case of bearing failure and there was a delay in parts availability. Better to have a couple of spares in the shed for when you do need them, regardless of make.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25177876
Premium Disc Harrows for Sale, Wexford (in stock)
Have spare hubs and discs on order also, might as well be looking at them as looking for them.

Thanks MF30. They look a fine job. Hope it does as many seasons as your tractor and Massey drill......and looks as well as them after all those seasons!!!!
Sorry for bringing this up again but do you mind me asking where you bought your disc harrow. Pricing around a few places today? Thanks

i like the no toplink idea, but I was wondering, what stops it hopping up and jumping about if you hit a good bump on the road
Never seen it happen. We had thr last one I say ten years. You would want to be going fair hard and hit a fair big bump. We never had any issues

there's a fair weight in them. our old mchale is similar, it just lays flat instead of standing so to speak, there be no bouncing in it

I have the older model of that agitator, looks the very same. The only issue I have with it is having to take off the shaft moving from one tank to the other, it is desperately annoying I think.
It's a complete pain in the backside. Have one here too. You'd give your self a hernia putting on and off the PTO. And our one has a double button on one end to make it even harder

It's a complete pain in the backside. Have one here too. You'd give your self a hernia putting on and off the PTO. And our one has a double button on one end to make it even harder
Mine the same and it is a heavy shaft too to make matters worse.

I have the older model of that agitator, looks the very same. The only issue I have with it is having to take off the shaft moving from one tank to the other, it is desperately annoying I think.

I bought a new NC 3000 about 5 years ago . I had the choice of the folding type , as in in same as either of you are talking about , or the fixed model , but with hyd top link. I went with the top link model , due to not having to take off the pto .

But , mine isn't the easiest of machines to attach . You have to clamber over or under to attach the top link , and pto shaft . So , pros and cons to both types .

I bought a new NC 3000 about 5 years ago . I had the choice of the folding type , as in in same as either of you are talking about , or the fixed model , but with hyd top link. I went with the top link model , due to not having to take off the pto .

But , mine isn't the easiest of machines to attach . You have to clamber over or under to attach the top link , and pto shaft . So , pros and cons to both types .
Hindsight is wonderful as they say, I would certainly go for the top link option if purchasing again.

I bought a new 3800 this year had a 3000 that had to take on and off the shaft, the back wasn’t up to it anymore. Don’t have to take it off now but as jf says above putting it on and off I have to hop over it to get the shaft on and off but it’s only twice for the whole job I suppose. No top link is a super job too

Back