Danielk's Photos

I bought a new NC 3000 about 5 years ago . I had the choice of the folding type , as in in same as either of you are talking about , or the fixed model , but with hyd top link. I went with the top link model , due to not having to take off the pto .

But , mine isn't the easiest of machines to attach . You have to clamber over or under to attach the top link , and pto shaft . So , pros and cons to both types .
If you bought that new Crystal you could leave the agitator on one of the other ones all the time. Problem solved. Thank me later.

It's a complete pain in the backside. Have one here too. You'd give your self a hernia putting on and off the PTO. And our one has a double button on one end to make it even harder
Redrocks the same and you have the toplink ram apparatus to hump out of the way, electric lift is a boon because you can juggle it with the external buttons, flip up the PTO cover and leave it up, whoever designed the button on the yoke end never fitted a PTO shaft. The end is so small it would hole your thumb.

If you bought that new Crystal you could leave the agitator on one of the other ones all the time. Problem solved. Thank me later.

I leave the agitator on a Crystal for the winter already , and the fertiliser spreader for the spring/summer .

You won't get any royalties , or virtual tinnys of Guinness for coming up with the idea .

I have the older model of that agitator, looks the very same. The only issue I have with it is having to take off the shaft moving from one tank to the other, it is desperately annoying I think.

with this one and the last 3800 we never take the shaft off only to grease it. Other than that it stays on the whole time. No issues. Very easy ajitator to put on a tractor I think. Just back in and lift a small bit. Get out and let up the legs and put pto on the tractor and pipes and away

A 12045 is a must have for agitating surely

The noise does be unbearable though.

I leave the agitator on a Crystal for the winter already , and the fertiliser spreader for the spring/summer .

You won't get any royalties , or virtual tinnys of Guinness for coming up with the idea .

The nc hasnt been took off the cyrstal here in nearly three years. Has your one a u guard over the shaft?20210511_174400.jpg. The cover doesnt get pulled off anyway.

What I have done here is dug a hole and I drop the pump into it when it's not on a tractor.
It's dead simple put it on now.
Plantmac pump mind but the same theory. Your not trying to hold a big awkward pto and an angle.
Just slide it straight on and no pressure on the hoses

Did the lely not have individual rotor lift thought it was standard on the lely . Know it`s an option on the claas
Yea well the lely actually went after last years season. This rake is a 2800 so slightly wider and also has individual lift

Yea well the lely actually went after last years season. This rake is a 2800 so slightly wider and also has individual lift
Would it not just be a case of adding two more pipes to make it individual lift? I actually can't believe that anyone can sell a twin rotor with both rotors plumbed together.

The lely was ment to be the equivalent to a 2700 and that was on the limit to take in 3 10fts rows but would so he went for a 2800 this time.
I went from a 2800 to a 2900 and gained forward speed on 3 X 10s, a bit to spare on the corners too, I put it down to the rake not struggling to bring the outermost grass forward but more across iykwim.

I presumed all lelys came with the valve block in the center of the rake to change from independent to double rotor lift . Local lad here running 2800 claas and a Kuhn rake both don’t have independent lift . He’s after buying a new 2700 claas and I believe specked the same again.
Would it not just be a case of adding two more pipes to make it individual lift? I actually can't believe that anyone can sell a twin rotor with both rotors plumbed together.

I went from a 2800 to a 2900 and gained forward speed on 3 X 10s, a bit to spare on the corners too, I put it down to the rake not struggling to bring the outermost grass forward but more across iykwim.
I say the boss would have went for a 2900 too if it was just for the harvester. But we bale for a nice few one heavy cut men who bale snd they go in with the hay turned to fire out this heavy wet grass and then we row it up. Want it as narrow as we can to get a nice row for the baler

Missing a lot of the silage this year anyway. All for good reason. Mowing away Monday and got a bit of a break down late Monday evening. Kept at it to get it going for Tuesday morning and my wife has a picture on her phone of me walking into the bedroom covered in dirt and grease and sweat at 12:10. Got a shower and got into bed. Herself got out of the bed as I got in to use the bathroom and my head had no longer hit the pillow when she was back in the room saying her waters have broke. Now this was clearly a shock as she was only 32 weeks and 3 days.
Grabbed the case which she had ready and off to the retunda after a 17 hour day. The tiredness seem to disappear and everything happened so quick. My first little daughter Charlotte was born at 7:18am on Tuesday morning at a weight of 4lbs.
It’s been a long week so far and we have another few weeks of driving up and down to Dublin to see her in the NICU but she is doing well so hopefully we can get her home before we know it.

E48331E3-586A-4231-971E-362035E87EFF.jpeg

Back