Dating site

I think it's important to get out and take up a hobby, particularly if you can meet other folks through it. Having fun and forgetting about your worries for a while does a world of good. From my experience, forgetting about finding someone and just enjoying life often makes you more of an interesting proposition for others. I met my wife this way unexpectedly.

I think it's important to get out and take up a hobby, particularly if you can meet other folks through it. Having fun and forgetting about your worries for a while does a world of good. From my experience, forgetting about finding someone and just enjoying life often makes you more of an interesting proposition for others. I met my wife this way unexpectedly.

I'd say this is the best advice you can get, although I used the good old fashioned method of getting drunk and dancing suggestively behind her, she always claims she only asked for my number because she was trying to give another fella the hint to go away and I only ever gave her mine because she lived so far away I thought I'd never see her again. Such is life I'm currently balancing being a chef and a referee to our 3 kids:wacko:

Never realised such a pressure existed, nor was I aware that many females are waiting for men to provide for them.

Indeed. There are some legitimate social issues relating to men such as the high suicide rate amongst young men or the disproportionate number of men killed in car accidents involving speeding or drink driving, however being oppressed by the kitten heeled jackboot of radical feminism isn't one of them. Unless of course one is under the impression that this is a documentary.

This article gives an idea of what the MGTOW lot are up to:

http://www.independent.co.uk/studen...ti-feminist-opposes-sex-consent-a6738746.html

The subject says he wants to remain single, and i suspect he may have been successful in his endeavour.

Joking aside DP makes a good point about the dating sites, at least it gives the chance to have a chat and find some common ground. I don't think it's any more difficult for someone from a farming background to hold down a relationship than any self-employed profession, it's certainly not the only career that demands long hours at busy times. I saw both sides of the coin, I went out with girls in the past who gave me a hard time for working late and working weekends, it was tough going but I was young and didn't know any better although truth be told it was a relief of sorts when it all ended. I'm lucky that my wife knew all about the demands of farming and contracting and is no stranger to hard work, she understands that the hours have to be put in when there's work to get through although she also knows the difference between what has to be done and what can wait which is no harm either. The point I'm trying to make is there's someone for everyone, Candor makes a good point about not trying too hard, I know it's easier said than done but with a bit of patience the right person will come along. I think there's nothing worse than seeing a couple arguing over work or hobbies that one or the other can't understand, it's a big old world out there and you'll surely come across someone who is on the same wavelength at some stage, there's no point being in a relationship just for the sake of it as it will invariably end in tears. I'm sure there are plenty of single lads and lassies reading this forum who would love to meet someone from a similar background with similar interests, maybe the mods could look into some sort of subsection to cater for them, I don't know the technicalities involved but maybe a thread or section that you had to be a member of or sign up to in order to participate and couldn't be read be the whole world?

That last bit you mention sounds interesting and could be a good idea. The only catch is I don't know how many female members we have here but I'm willing to bet it's not a lot. Then there are those girls who imagine farming as all sunshine and balmy breezes. The reality of mud across the kitchen floor, mud and shite out past the front of the house at slurry times and bad odours often come as quiet a shock to the non farming folk and have ended more then one relationship. Long hours and whatnot are also the death of a lot of relationships. TC has it all covered fairly well there.

That last bit you mention sounds interesting and could be a good idea. The only catch is I don't know how many female members we have here but I'm willing to bet it's not a lot. Then there are those girls who imagine farming as all sunshine and balmy breezes. The reality of mud across the kitchen floor, mud and shite out past the front of the house at slurry times and bad odours often come as quiet a shock to the non farming folk and have ended more then one relationship. Long hours and whatnot are also the death of a lot of relationships. TC has it all covered fairly well there.
I'd say there are more ladies reading the forum than posting on it, there was a discussion before about it being a bit of a "boy's club" but that's not going to change unless more girls get involved so it's a bit of a Catch 22. There certainly seems to be a lot more female involvement in all aspects of farming than there was even ten or fifteen years ago so I don't see why they wouldn't be interested in a forum like this. As for mud on the kitchen floor and shite at the front door, that's just clottiness, it doesn't take much effort to leave the mess outside. An untidy individual is untidy no matter what their profession.

For any man looking for a wife, check her out well before making any commitments, remember when you're a farmer a wife is for life unless you want to split the farm :yes:
Very true in fairness and sadly has happened a few places I know of. As a neighbor commented when asked about his marital status "sure why would I want to be doing that, she'll walk up to the alter with a bunch of flowers and walk back down with half a farm" :eek3:. Still and as the saying goes you can't take it with you either and it would be nice to pass along to the next generation.

Of these how many are actually available?? There is bound to be loses to take out of that figure due to lesbians e.t.c :undecided:
Aye true enough Win but sure a virile young man like myself would have no bother sorting them out :lol::lol:. Just have to approach the situation from the correct angle :wink::smile:. There probably are a few that have faces only a mother could love so we'll exclude them to :laugh:. So lets say there's 20k more suitable lassies out there then lads. Mind you when I was single I wasn't able to find any of them. Feckin typical, they all come out when I'm otherwise detained haha.

Of these how many are actually available?? There is bound to be loses to take out of that figure due to lesbians e.t.c :undecided:
Women also have a longer life expectancy remember, so a fair few of those would be elderly widows who might not be the kind of eligible material a man in his prime would be looking for, although @Agri Power might disagree :whistle:

One night at a night club a woman was being chatted up by a lad in who she had no interest, trying to get rid of him she said "I'm a lesbian", " A lesbian?" sez He "what does that mean?". "Look at the blonde girl at the bar in the short skirt and low top, well I really fancy her" said the woman. The lad looked over at the bar and said " well then I'm a lesbian too"......:clap:

One night at a night club a woman was being chatted up by a lad in who she had no interest, trying to get rid of him she said "I'm a lesbian", " A lesbian?" sez He "what does that mean?". "Look at the blonde girl at the bar in the short skirt and low top, well I really fancy her" said the woman. The lad looked over at the bar and said " well then I'm a lesbian too"......:clap:
Heard a somewhat similar story as the lad went to chat 2 girls, when the said they were lesbians the lad replied "so how are all the folks back home in Lesbania ?"

Heard a somewhat similar story as the lad went to chat 2 girls, when the said they were lesbians the lad replied "so how are all the folks back home in Lesbania ?"
That was an old one of Neil Toibin's, "how are things in Lesbia?" :Thumbp2:

Getting back to the op I think he has to figure out if breaking up with the girl after ten years together is a thing he has to figure out we don't know wat was said he
/she might regret what was said especially when there still talking on and off I reckon it might only take a simple strong sorry from either party and just sit down and chat or if both have decided individual that it can't continue any more if that the case I reckon jus getting out in local community and take it from there

Well if we're going in to the statistics of it then surely a similar percentage of the men would also be gay and balance out the lesbians, then of course you're in Ireland so there'll also be so many that are priests and they're mostly celibate, and the ones that aren't likely won't be competing with you for the ladies.

so you see it's better than you thought.

Well if we're going in to the statistics of it then surely a similar percentage of the men would also be gay and balance out the lesbians, then of course you're in Ireland so there'll also be so many that are priests and they're mostly celibate, and the ones that aren't likely won't be competing with you for the ladies.

so you see it's better than you thought.
Right I must get over there and start looking.:woot: As Jeremy Clarkson says 'what could possibly go wrong' ??

Back